Untouchable.

It had been a week since the shocking discovery of Wells Jaha's body. A pair of younger delinquents had found him on the outskirts of camp, with a fatal stab wound to his jugular. They had blamed the grounders for Wells' brutal murder however Venus wasn't so convinced. It made no sense for her people to have been so close to the camp and they weren't total savages. It was extremely unlikely that they wouldn't have attacked Wells for no reason. Since then, Bellamy had demanded that they build a wall around their camp, in order to stay safe against any future attacks. Venus had tried to talk him out of it but, much to her dismay, he ignored her. Therefore, being the petty girl that she was, she refused to help build the wall and instead became in charge of building a wide variety of tents around the camp such as a water filtering tent and a meat curing tent. Their camp was now practically impenetrable. The wall also made it much more difficult for Venus to sneak away to Lincoln's cave to leave her notes, because of the guards that were stationed at the gate, but she managed. The majority of the guards were either terrified of Venus or too stupid to notice her sneak away. She had quickly gained a reputation in the camp as someone not to be messed with. She dealt with anyone who tried to question Bellamy in a pretty physical way and the pair were pretty much untouchable.

Venus had just returned to the camp from making a trip to the stream in order to collect some more water. She made her way to the water tent to make a deposit and peeled back the curtain to find Octavia filling up two canteens. "Hey V." Octavia chirped at the sight of her friend. Venus turned to her and gave her a warm smile. She had helped Octavia overcome the grief she felt caused by Atoms death. Venus thought it was only fair, seeing as though she did kill him. "I'm taking Jasper for his first walk outside of camp. Wanna come?"

Although Venus and Jasper would talk on occasion when she changed his bandages and cleaned up his stitches, the pair had never been particularly close, therefore Venus felt as if she would be imposing on a big moment for Jasper. "Nah, I'm good. I think I'll just stick around here and make sure your brother doesn't cause anymore trouble." She politely declined. Octavia let out a small laugh as she screwed on the lids to the canteens.

"Good look with that." She said pessimistically as she made a swift departure from the tent. Venus filled a small hand made bottle before following Octavia out of the tent.

Her eyes scanned the crowd of tiresome delinquents, who were continuing to build the wall until her eyes landed on Charlotte. She made her way over to the young red headed girl. "Hey, thought you might want a drink." She said with a soft smile as she offered the small bottle to Charlotte. Venus had been trying her best to look out for Charlotte since it seemed like nobody else did. She admired charlotte's strength and curiosity. She reminded Venus of herself when she was younger.

"Thanks, Venus." Charlotte said sweetly as she accepted the bottle and took a sip. Venus watched as Connor stumbled into the camp, carrying a large log that was clearly too heavy for him. He slightly lost his footing and she watched as the log hit the ground with a thud.

"Hey, need some help?" Venus asked with a small smile as she made her way over to the younger boy.

Connor looked up at her gratefully "nah I got it, I just need some water" he responded drowsily. She was about to go and get him some when Murphy stormed over.

"Do you think the grounders are just going to wait around for us to finish this wall?" He snapped at the boy. Before Connor could respond Venus turned to face Murphy with a glare. Bellamy seemed to trust him so Venus tolerated him but she wasn't afraid to call him out.

"Stop being a dick and get the guy some water." She snapped at Murphy. Bellamy quickly approached after noticing the clear tension.

"What's going on?" He asked with a furrowed brow as he saw Connor slumped on the floor and Venus and Murphy standing over him with furious looks. The pair were always in a constant power struggle and an unspoken competition for who was really Bellamys right hand man. So far, Venus was in the lead because Bellamy had much more respect for her than he did Murphy.