Prologue - Positive

Make sure you read the warnings in the description before reading. Thanks.

Kirishima was scared...really scared. He hadn't told Mina what had happened. He hadn't told anyone. It wasn't the first time his boyfriend had misgendered him, but it was the first time he had done anything like this. He tried to stop him, he really did, but he wouldn't listen, insisting on "taking what was his" by force. He left bruises on his chest, arms, hips, legs, threatening to do more if he didn't stop struggling, and leaving behind much more that gave Kirishima stomach aches...bad ones. He was scared that night and the night after when it happened again, and again. He was scared for a month and a half straight as the old and new bruises faded while he hid them, and two weeks later when he threw up in the bed. He was scared as he washed the sheets with an ice pack over his cheek. He was scared when he threw up the next day, and the next day, and the next day. He told himself it was nothing. Maybe just a bug. He was scared when the nausea didn't stop. He was scared when he realized what might be wrong, scared when he went to the drug store and picked up a few different tests, praying that he was just sick. He was scared as he took the first test...terrified when the second one got the same result...petrified when the third was the same...nauseous again when he heard the apartment door slam shut.

"Where the fuck are ya, little bitch?"
He's home.
"Bathroom! Be right out!" Kirishima calls, desperately trying to hide the shakiness of his voice as he gets cleaned up. He exits the bathroom and tries to hide the tests before he can catch him-
"The fuck are you doing?"
Kirishima's blood runs cold.
"N-nothing..." he lied. He heard a growl behind him and he quickly turns around, keeping his hands behind his back. He tries to smile.
"Welcome ho-"
"What are you hiding?"
Kirishima could hear his heartbeat in his ears as he came closer.
"Nothing-" SLAP. His cheek was stinging now, and his eyes were watering.
"Don't lie to me!"
Kirishima revealed the tests before he could get another bruise, and they were snagged out of his hands. There's a moment of silence before he's knocked to the floor with another slap to his face.
"YOU'RE FUCKING PREGNANT?!"

Kirishima tries desperately to hold back his tears as he shakily pushes himself up.
"I-I'm s-sorry...it's just- you weren't supposed to-" he's silenced as he's shoved to the floor again.
"Shut the fuck up! Don't you push this onto me, fucking bitch!" He gets an alert and groans. "I'm not dealing with this shit. I'm going out, and you'd better be packed the fuck up and gone before I get back." He drops the pregnancy tests and grabs Kirishima's wallet. He takes out all the cash, leafing through it and rolling his eyes at two tens and a five. He drops the wallet and shoves the cash into his pocket before turning to leave.
"Good riddance."
SLAM.
Silence...
Sobbing...
Kirishima is alone, clutching his stomach and sobbing. What does he do? He, a trans man, is pregnant. He's been kicked out. He has nowhere- well...almost nowhere to go. He's barely making minimum wage! How is he going to afford food? A place to live? How...how is he going to support this baby? He could never bring himself to get rid of it, even if he could pay for the procedure...but he also never intended for this to happen. He's 19 for heaven's sake! How is he supposed to be a single parent?

Eventually he pulls himself together enough to call Mina and ask her for help. When she arrives, getting a speeding ticket on the way there, she doesn't know what's going on. All she knows is that her best friend needs help. She finds him sat against the bed hugging his legs with his face hidden by his hair.
"Eijiro!" She rushes over to him and kneels down in front of him, carefully taking his head in her hands and lifting it so she can look at him. "Sweetheart, what happened?! Did he-" she gasps when she sees his black and blue cheek and tear soaked face. Her eyes water and tears of her own begin to spill at the sight of him. "Eiji...what happened? Why did he do this to you?" Kirishima doesn't speak. He looks over at the pregnancy tests on the floor. He hadn't touched them once since his boyf-...ex boyfriend left. Mina looks over at them, her breath hitching again when she realizes what they are. She looks back at him.
"Eiji...are you...?" Kirishima scrunches his eyes shut as another wave of tears floods his vision. He hides his face in his knees and slowly nods. He tries and fails to choke back his sobs, but doesn't fight Mina as she wraps her arms around him.