Chapter Seventeen| Nothing will Hold us Back

[Dylan talking]

Mom and I were cleaning the kitchen as we had a good conversation. Mom was saying that she's been looking for a job. "I never complained about being a stay-at-home mom because someone had to make sure that the house was clean. Although being a stay-at-home mom wasn't easy, at least I wasn't alone. You and Zach were by my side." She was right: Zach and I were always with her and never left her side. Wherever she goes, we go and always stay alert. Now that I'm starting to be independent, I became aware of my surroundings wherever I go, even school. "How come you couldn't find a job before?" I questioned her. She sighs, trying to think of what to say. "Taking care of my family is a job, baby. It's also the best job I have ever done," she answers with a smile. 
-----

Once mom left for her job interview, I went to my room, doing homework. I had my headphones in as Chill Beats were playing. Ever since Alyssa suggested this, my mind has never been more relaxed and happy. I used to think about the horrible past that I've faced; but, once I listened to that music, it stopped. The thoughts just fade away. It felt such a blessing that I don't have nightmares anymore. Music is now my new healing method when things get rough or if I have horrible thoughts again. Anyway, I finished my homework after a bit and went to the kitchen. As I was preparing a sandwich, I felt hands wrapping around my waist. It was Milo. He kisses my cheek as I blushed. "Hey, my love. What brings you here?" I stated. "Well, I wanted to see my boyfriend, of course."
----
After eating my sandwich, I glare at Milo, "Can we cuddle?" My eyes lit up with excitement. He nodded as we cuddled on the couch, watching tv. He plays with my hair as I laid my head on his chest. I simply love him so much. He is so gorgeous and charming. Later that day, we went to take a walk outside. I saw the ghost kids talking and having fun outside. "Hey, buddy. So good to see you. Wanna hang with us?" Michael asks, polietly as I nodded.
----
I had a lot of fun. We were talking about a lot of stuff. We were dancing, laughing, socializing, and eating. We were enjoying life as it was our at last (even though they are dead). "Life was really strange when we were alive," Aaliyah said as eveyone agreed. "So much criticism that tackled us growing up which is sad. Our elders got it worse than us." Carlos responds. After a long heartbreaking conversation, Milo says, "Our Masters' knew that we lived into a judgemental society. They had to remove us from that so we can be in peace. At least, we don't have to deal with it anymore." They all nod as Jorge adds, "Which is why we can't hold back. We have to let go of the past to prove that nothing will hold us back from being where we stand today."
----

I'M BACK Y'ALL!! I HAVE MISSED YOU BEANS SM💖
----
Can you guys belive "Just Friends" is ranked #1 in Mylan?!?!? I am so thankful for the love and support on here!
----
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I'll update as soon as I can! ♡♡
----
Also, please stay safe and keep yourself clean and protected.
-----
Bye my babes❤