The Suspense! The Drama is Real!

-Bright's POV-

     We all sighed in relief when Dawn agreed.  "OK, here's the plan," Ahsoka jumped in quickly.  "Dawn, I need you to get to the high ground with the squad and distract them.  Prism squad, you have detonators, Dawn, I'm assuming you have...?"

     "You bet I do," winked Dawn, who never came unprepared even to a fight she was supposed to be unprepared in.  Ahsoka nodded and continued.  "We'll surround them and hopefully be able to take them down while their discombobulated."

     "Yes, Commander!" Dawn and the squad saluted together.  They turned to leave, but Ahsoka held Dawn back.  They looked silently at each other for a moment, and without saying a word, Ahsoka handed Dawn one of her lightsabers.

     Dawn looked at it in awe.  "A lightsaber is a Jedi's weapon," explained Ahsoka.  "But it is also a Jedi's life.  And I am trusting you with it."

     "And one more thing you need to know.  My master and I sensed a presence here, a dark one.  I'm trusting the squad to lead while you, Anakin, and I go inside."  Dawn paled but nodded firmly.  With that, Ahsoka turned her other lightsaber back on and sprang away. 

  Dawn ignited the short green lightsaber, staring at it like she expected it to explode in her face.  Apparently when it didn't, she hooked it onto her belt.  With some of her old bravado returning, she smirked at the squad like 'top that!' and climbed agilly up the side of a large stack of crates.

     The squad followed her, and when they got up, she had several pieces of equipment laid out in front of her.  "Here goes nothing," she muttered, and the diversion began.

     The squad chucked detonators far into enemy lines, careful not to stray near there own troops.  Blast and Rider unleashed bullets with almost as pinpoint accuracy as Dawn.

     But Dawn was the real show.  She tossed multi colored glass balls, like marbles, in the air and shot them in mid-air.  Far to much paint than was physically possible sprayed out of them, in pinks and golds and every color of the rainbow.  Troops didn't seem affected, but if even a drop hit a droid, it would slump over, sparks flying out of it.

     Dawn was laughing again, yelling at the droids an moving at rapid speed around the perimeter, stabbing any droid who dared get close to her.  Eventually, she got back to the stack of crates, fighting back to back with the crew as the base of the cartes was swarmed with droids, allowing other troops to encircle them.

     "Time to go!" Dawn called to them suddenly.  With a final green paint bomb, she leaped down and came up with a lightsaber in one hand and a blaster in another.  Bright watched as she sliced her way through the troops, her saber an arc of death, until she broke free to the other side with Commander Tano and General Skywalker.

     "She'll be fine, right?" Oak called.

     "I think she'll be fine," Bright replied, watching Dawn practically fly across the roof and disappear down the hatch.  "I think she'll be fine."

-Dawn's POV-

     Dawn ran through the crowds of droids.  Her heartbreak was her weapon, she harnessed it into her body, pumped with adrenaline as she surged, slicing and blasting, to the trapdoor on the edge.