Unannounced Returns

Klaus had won. While Elijah had been recovering from his brother's hybrid bite in the bayou, Klaus had attacked Marcel. After a brutal attack, Marcel had surrendered to save his people, pledging allegiance to the original hybrid. Now, two weeks later, Klaus and his siblings were back living in the mansion they had lived in for over a century, back when they first called New Orleans home. It had also been two weeks since Elijah had asked Lorelei to stay – and she left anyway. Now, he spent his time in the mansion attempting to appease and temper his younger brother while Rebekah and Hayley begrudgingly existed in the old building. It was the day of the Casket Girl celebration when the family received an unexpected guest.

Elijah was standing on the second-floor balcony, discussing the missing Davina and their plan to get her back when he heard the familiar voice. "Lorelei!" Hayley called out in excitement. The raven-haired original stood just inside the massive courtyard, smiling widely as the pregnant werewolf rushed to her for a hug. "Oh, my god, have I really been gone so long? Look at you!" Lorelei cooed, looking over Hayley and her increasing baby bump. "Positively glowing," she added, earning a scoff from the she-wolf, who secretly enjoyed the compliment.

Hayley had been surprised to see the original return. She had left the same day Klaus brought her to this miserable mansion. Over the short time the two had together, Hayley had grown rather fond of Lorelei. She seemed to be the only one to truly care about Hayley's happiness, besides Elijah of course. But Elijah had been busy with Klaus since her and Rebekah moved in.

Elijah couldn't help but stare in shock at the sight of his wife. Klaus and Marcel even temporarily forgot about the pressing matter at hand. She had been gone for two weeks. He had feared that his confession of wanting her to stay had frightened her off. But there she was, in the middle of the courtyard, smiling in a way he had thought he would never see again. "Lorelei?" he heard himself mutter.

The raven-haired original heard him, gaze snapping to the balcony. "Gentlemen," she called to the three in greeting, offering indifference towards her husband. She was in far too good a mood to let herself be reminded of their troubled past at the moment. "I was under the impression that you had left town," Klaus called down to her, leaning on the railing casually.

"Only temporarily. I had a few things to take care of in Paris, that took a little longer than expected," she replied as if her presence was now a simple thing. And, really, it was. She had been asked to stay, but she had only come to New Orleans with little more than a week or two worth of clothes. "You didn't think I was going to leave Hayley and Rebekah alone with you lot, did you? Now we're on even terms," she added with a cheeky grin before her gaze flickered to Marcel.

"How did you know we were here and not at the planation?" Klaus continued. Elijah was too stunned at her return to speak. "Rebekah, obviously. Now," she paused, moving to stand near the base of the balcony. Pushing all her power into her feet, she jumped easily onto the balcony, causing the three men to step back.

"Marcel, would you mind showing me which room I'll be staying in?" she purred, batting her eyelashes in a way Rebekah typically would. "We're in the middle of a situation here, Lorelei," Klaus spoke up, his voice tense. "Perhaps Rebekah could help instead," he said more as an order than a suggestion. Lorelei pretended to pout before rolling her eyes.

"Mrs. Mikaelson?" a voice called up to her. Looking below, three men in moving company uniforms stood with boxes. "Ah, yes. Follow me, gents," she called down to them before turning to Marcel and linking her arms with his. "Shall we?" she asked him. Klaus scowled, opening his mouth to protest when Marcel stopped him. "This'll just take a second," he assured Klaus before leading Lorelei through the compound with moving guys in tow.

Once the moving men had finished bringing Lorelei's things up to her new, spacious room, she began to unpack while Rebekah and Hayley hung around, filling Lorelei in on the problem that the boys were dealing with. She had barely time to get some of her clothes in the cherry wood armoire she had shipped from Paris when she left the compound with Rebekah in search of Davina.