Chapter 1 : Pleasant Surprise

DISCLAIMER ::
I don't own any of the stranger things characters, JUST Bonnie.  I give all the credit for the other characters to the Duffers!

Setting (ig) - Okay, so Billy survived, and his "experience" in season 3 changed him completely. He's less of a huge Jerk and not abusive, and he's more like an annoying, but protective and lovable, older brother to Max.
Thanks to El, Billy dealt with his past and came to terms with the situations he faced every day. I understand this is out of character for Billy, but this is a different, less harsh side of him. One that I had hoped to see. Oh well, one can only hope. Please comment and let me know what you think! I'm also open to suggestions, or where the plot should go. This could kind of be an interactive thing! This is my first published story btw, like EVER.

Chapter 1

Hawkins, Indiana, quite possibly the strangest place on the continental U.S., or planet earth for that matter. But occasionally, there was a moment of tranquility and peace in this small town in Indiana, emphasis on "moment". That was the usual time limit on peace in Hawkins, then it was back to bats with nails, malls being destroyed, and losses of innocent people that were gone too soon. (*cough cough* Justice for Barb)
From the wealthy neighborhood of Loch Nora to the not-so-wealthy community of Cherry Lane, everything was quiet and peaceful. Some might even go as far to say harmonious. It was even quiet at the Hargrove Residence.

Thankfully, Neil was not at home, but had been away on business for the past week. Susan, very mild and motherly natured, worked in the kitchen as she prepared dinner for that evening. Billy was half asleep, sprawled across the couch with his head resting on his arm, covering it in a mop of soft blonde curls. He had partied a little too hard the night before, which undoubtedly resulted in a massive hang over.

He had slept away most of the day, but Susan insisted he sit in the living room so she could keep an eye on him. Susan took care of Billy and help him hide his extra curricular activities from Neil. Though the relationship was a little strained, Susan loved Billy as if he was her own, and Billy loved her as best he could in return.

Surviving something that didn't seem possible for any human being to ever come out of alive had changed his perspective on life completely. He now valued his step mother and step sister, and he realized that he did have family that cared for him, and that was worth fighting for.

Max, who sat quietly on what little room was left on the other end of the couch to watch TV, had also learned to appreciate her brother more. Regardless of the fact that he had been a huge jerk to her in the past, everyone deserved a second chance.

Ding Dong

The doorbell pierced through the silence of the relaxed Household. Billy jumped at the sound of the sudden ding, making Max jump so hard she nearly fell off of the couch. Susan smiled as she chopped fresh vegetables in the kitchen. "Maxine, Billy? Could one of you get the door please?" She asked. Billy groaned as he lazily rolled onto his side. "You get it, Max. I don't wanna get up." He said, interrupted by a large yawn. Max huffed loudly and crossed her arms. " I'm kinda watching my favorite show right now." She argued. Billy kicked her arm lightly. "Go, carrot-top. I'm not getting up." Max sighed and pulled herself off of the couch with unnecessary dramatized frustration. She noticed her mother smiling at her, but it was a different smile. It was almost suspicious. Max looked at her mom quizzically. "Why are you smiling at me?" She asked. "Why are you so paranoid?" Susan questioned with a small laugh.