Chapter 5 : Flashbacks

This chapter's going to involve some physical violence, (a fight specifically) so if your sensitive to that kind of stuff, here's your warning ⚠️ for a fight sequence, idk how bad it really is. In my opinion it's not that bad, but it may be different for some people. So, yeah, here we go!!

"You're dangerous and a sick man."

"Dangerous?! Is that what you think I am?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I think you are!"

Bonnie winced as she listened to the loud voices outside of her bedroom door argue and objects shattering against walls. She whimpered at the sound of bare hands forcefully hitting fair, fragile cheekbones. Her small fingers began to tingle numbly from pressed over her tiny ears to try and block out the sounds of screaming and glass breaking.

In the middle of the chaos, Bonnie glanced up as she saw her bedroom door crack open. It was Billy, quietly shuffling into her room, locking the door behind himself. He was breathing heavily, his short hair sticking to the top of his forehead with sweat. He had come to check on his sister and make sure she was safe.

When he noticed his little sister, he walked over and picked her up. "Hey, Honey B." He said as he held his seven year old sister in his arms. Bonnie shut her eyes tightly and shook her head.
"I hate it when they fight."
"Yeah, me too. Wanna get out of here?"
Bonnie looked up at her brother with her sad, big brown eyes. "Where will we go?" She asked in a small, squeaky voice. Billy sat his sister on the bed and walked over to the window. He quietly unlocked the latch and opened the window. "Come on, I'll show you." Billy smiled as he grabbed his little sister's tiny hands and helped her out of the bedroom window.

While the unhappy couple fought, their two children snuck away to the sweet escape of the coast. Billy carried Bonnie on his shoulders as he took her to small sea cove, just a little ways away from their beach house.

It was quite there, and the water was crystal clear. Bonnie laughed as she splashed her feet in the shallow water where the tides met the shores of California, grasping onto her big brother's fingertips. Billy smiled, splashing his little sister gently with the cool water, wetting her thick, brown hair. Together they watched the sunset beneath the ocean line. Bonnie yawned sleepily as she buried her face into her brother's chest.

"Hey, Billy?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you more than chocolate."

Billy laughed as he gently stood up with his sleepy sister in his arms. "That sounds like a whole lot." He stated as he started to walk back to the house. Bonnie yawned again, rubbing her tired eyes. "You know something?" He asked. "What?" Bonnie questioned. "I love you more than all the chocolate in the world." He said with a chuckle as he planted a kiss on top of his sister head. Bonnie smiled as she slowly fell asleep in her brother's arms, escaping the chaos of her parents' crumbling, toxic relationship for one of many perfect moments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tommy, stop it!"

Ian yelled as he grabbed his brother's flying arm that swung carelessly at Max, pushing on Tommy's chest which heaved up and down sharply. El pulled Max behind her, staring deeply into Tommy's raging, dark irises. His eyes were bloodshot, his steps staggering. It was clear now that he was drunk, and he was angry.