Reunion

We arrived at my apartment twenty minutes or so after leaving the airport and I led her to my door.

Once inside, Becky set her bags down and looked around, a sweet smile on her lips. I watched her, leaning back against the wall and taking in the image of her standing in the center of my apartment. She did a full turn, examining the pictures and paintings I had hanging on my wall, many of which I had owned for years but had only recently put up in anticipation of her visit. When she had turned back to face me, she stopped, her eyes settling on mine.

"Cozy," she remarked as she walked slowly toward me. "I love your taste in art."

"I thought you might," I said in a low voice, watching her from under my eyelashes, a crooked smile on my lips as she approached me.

"What is it?" She asked with a chuckle, cocking her head to the side.

"It's like seeing a ghost, your standing here in my home, after seeing you through my phone and in my memory more often than not."

She was within arm's reach now, and I put out a hand to her, our fingers coming together as she closed the distance. Her hand slid from my fingers to my wrist and continued slowly up my arm, past my elbow and then my shoulder, cupping my neck and finally coming to rest on my cheek.

My skin felt electric where she touched me, raising goosebumps all over my body. A shiver seized me as she ran her fingertips lightly over my ear, and I found myself biting my lip as I looked at her.

She was flawless, more beautiful than I remembered. She had curled her hair, and it hung over her shoulders in a cascade of red corkscrews. I reached out to touch her face lightly, running my fingertips across her smooth forehead, across one perfectly arched eyebrow and down her cheek. I ran my thumb back and forth over her full lower lip before she pursed her lips into a kiss against it. She blinked her big hazel eyes as mine met hers, a timid smile spreading across her lips.

"You are just...stunning," I sighed as my hand cupped her cheek and she nuzzled against my palm. Her eyes gazed earnestly into mine, her eyebrows knitting. "Seeing you on the screen of a little phone just doesn't do any justice."

She took the last step toward me, closing the rest of the distance between us and pressing her body against mine, her hands snaking around my sides, arms closing about my middle. I encircled her neck with my arms, my face turned up slightly toward hers. I kissed her chin and along her jawline before burying my face into her warm neck, that familiar scent of musky vanilla and sweet patchouli sending a surge of heat between my thighs.

"Alexandra," I heard her murmuring softly, her voice longing as her hands stroked at my hair. "I'm so happy to be here with you," she cooed.

She tightened her grip around my waist, pressing me tightly to her.

"Bex," I whispered, kissing the little shell of her ear. "It feels so good to touch you, to hold you, to taste your lips and your skin." My lips were pressing against her in different spots as I spoke. "To smell you again.... That scent drives me insane."

She pulled back and smiled down at me warmly, her eyes crinkling at the corners as her hands came up to cradle my chin and tilt my head back. She lowered her lips to mine and kissed me so lightly I barely felt her, and then again more firmly. Our kisses became more passionate, intense and slow as they were. We had both waited four long, dragging weeks for this moment, to feel each other again, and it was clear to me that she was savoring every second of it as I was.

We gasped into each other's mouths, overwhelmed by the passion, unwilling to pull apart. Her sweet tongue traced along my lower lip tentatively before entering my mouth and meeting my own, which I greeted with a gentle lap before circling hers in a delicate dance. My body had begun to pulsate with that surging heat which focused itself between my legs, my heart beating fast as I arched my back, pressing my hips against hers. I could feel her heart beating just as fast, her pulse against my fingertips at her neck.