Prologue

3rd POV

7 Years Ago...

As she walked down the cool autumn streets of Zürich, she looked around the city. It really was a beautiful place, for some more than others. Some people see it as a city for business or shopping, while she saw it as a place where you really don't have to worry about anything.

The streets were lightly sprinkled with people, an amount where you wouldn't think anything is wrong but you wouldn't think there's something exciting going on. She took a seat on one of the benches near the train station, placed her backpack on her lap, and took a small sip of her still hot coffee. She took a deep breath and smiled. What a good choice she made of leaving it all behind. Glancing at her watch, its glass started to get covered in raindrops. She should've brought her umbrella.

Her train would arrive in around 15 minutes, and if she's lucky and the rain continues to be a light drizzle, she should manage to stay outside. The inside of the station was fine, but she knew how many sketchy people are in there usually, and even she would rather feel the cool raindrops hit her face, than have homeless men stare at her. Rain was a favorite of hers, and she always felt so calm sitting under it, but she was more worried about her behind getting wet, so as she was about to stand up, rain stopped drizzling her.

1rst POV

"Here, you look like you could use one" Someone said in German. I turn to my right to see an elegant man somewhere in his forties holding an umbrella over my head. He wore a black trenchcoat and had a dark purple scarf around his neck.

"Oh, it's okay. I don't mind the rain, I just don't want my back getting wet." I say jokingly.

"Well, any gentleman would help a young woman in such a simple way. Please, at least allow me to escort you inside the station, I'm sure entering the train looking like a mop isn't the most pleasant experience." He suggests.

"I'd rather stay here, thanks." I say, annoyance visible in my voice.

"Yes, the inside is sometimes plagued by homeless men, but don't worry, I'll be here." He reaches his hand out to her.

Why is he being so stubborn? He seems suspicious, but he seems like no threat. Might as well accept.

"Fine." I take his hand and he pulls me up, and he holds his umbrella over us while we walk to the station.

"So, what brings you to Zürich? I assume something business related." I ask him, finishing my coffee and throwing it away.

"Oh, definitely not dear." I eye roll at the nickname. We've known each other for what, three minutes? "I'm just travelling with my brother around Switzerland for some... research." I get even more suspicious.

I'm fully retired now... I get my fair share of ignorant assistants continuing to ask me to kill someone, look after some illegal goods and the sort every once in a while, but this guy doesn't even look like an assistant...

As we turn around the corner next to the vending machines, (Where I knew no cameras could see us, obviously) I push the man against the wall, making him drop his umbrella and I bring my arm to his neck, allowing me to choke him if needed. He doesn't seem to be afraid, and instead impressed and slightly surprised.

"Huh, well, knowing your reputation, I'm surprised to see it take you this long to-"

"Shut it wise guy. I made sure every fancy rich guy with a single brain cell in this country knew I was retiring, so why did you come here to see me? And I don't buy your 'Researching with my brother' bullshit. Spill it." I say, not loosening my grip on him.

"Don't worry. You made it perfectly clear that you retired from your job... What was it that you did again? Assassinations?" He asks calmly.

"Among other things. I assume your 'research' had me in the mix?"

"Smart. Need to include that in the report." He teases, and I roll my eyes again.

What was up with this guy?

"Fine, if you let me go I'll tell you." His non-threatening atmosphere convinces me to let him go, and I pick his umbrella up again out of politeness. He checks his watch and smirks, then looks at me with an amused face. "Your train is leaving very soon. You don't want to miss it, do you?" I look at the clock hanging from the ceiling behind me.

"Dammit..." I turn to look at him. "Look, I don't care who you are, as long as you leave me alone, okay? And stop researching me, it's creepy."

"Sure. I'll stop." He says, in a tone which lets me know he's not going to stop. Without any goodbyes or apologies for practically choking the guy, I run off to my train, while thinking how lucky I am that there's no people this season.

I manage to get in the train just in time, and go to the second floor to get a comfy seat. The train to Geneva's doors close, and I put on my wireless headphones, listening to some calming Lo-Fi mixes when the train starts to depart. Once we left the station, the rainy weather and wet fields start flying by, and it produces a sort of peace in me. When I finally left my daydreaming state, I glided my hand against my pocket and noticed some sort of bump in it.

I started slightly panicking, but it was reduced due to the peaceful atmosphere surrounding me. I slowly reached in, and took out a piece of paper.

This oughta be good.

Inside was simply a phone number, and under it said "Call me".

He must've put it in while I was focused on him... Should've been more attentive.

I dialed the number and my call was instantly answered.

"That was fairly quick. Didn't give it much thought, huh?" Says the man's voice on the other side.

"You didn't seem threatening enough." I remark, and he laughs, and it makes me smile.

"Are you willing to meet up with me and my brother in Geneva once you get there? Specifically at Il Lago, at the Four Seasons Hotel."

"I have nothing better to do. What time?" I ask. Risk has always been fun, and if I can risk something while eating good food, I'm all for it.

"Be there by six, if you can. I already planned everything, so it would be a shame if you ruin it." I can hear him grinning through his words.

"Touche, and I'll be there, of course."

"I should've asked sooner, but, what should I call you?"

"Y/N. And you, mystery man?"

"Andrés."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a beautiful relationship blossomed.  

======

A/N

Hello! Nice to see you here. I hope you enjoyed reading the first chapter. It's my first ever fan fiction, so I'm excited to publish it!                                                                                                                   Uploads will be random, but I might one day make it neat and tidy. Anyways, hope you're doing good!                      

-Tren