Difference

Doomguy's POV
They're coming.
With a groan, I get up and grab my shotgun.
Then I see something.... Different.
A portal.
I don't know where it leads to.
But it's different!
You know what, I've been down here for so long, just to make sure the people of earth sleep soundly.
Besides, maybe there's more demons in there. It is glowing.
After much consideration, I jump through the portal, into the light.

I land on a weird land form. Am i back on earth? There are ...... rocks? and ............ trees? and there's........... grass? all over the ground. and..............rivers filled with..... blood? No, blood is red. this is ........... water.
I am super confused.
It's been so long since i haven't seen the color red.
My eyes hurt from the brightness, even with my helmet on.
There are tiny people walking around that look like animals.
What? No demons?
Why am I here?
Some of the..... animal-people? Begin to back away with a scared look on their face, and others try to approach me, but with reluctance.
I can hear the other people of this place murmuring to each other.
"Who is this guy?"
"Geez, he's HUGE!"
"I-is that BLOOD on his armor?"
There is one human.
They run away, but they don't look scared.
Oh god. They are all scared of me. Should I say something? I don't want to scare them.
What do I do?

Isabelle's POV
So.......bored.......
I'm at my desk, working on paperwork just like any other day. How the hell do I even write? I don't have fingers. God i'm so bored, can't ANYTHING interesting happen on this island?!?
As if on cue, Villager comes bursting through the door.
"Tom, Isabelle, we have a situation!" They speak.
"Woah, woah, calm down and tell us exactly what happened." says Tom.
"There's this weird guy..... in a huge suit of armor covered in blood! I was just fishing, and I saw this huge red portal open up, and he popped out of it!
"Could he be a threat to this island?"
"Well, he looks super scary, but so far he hasn't hurt anybody."
"Well then, I think the best course of action is-"
"Guys, what are we doing just standing around?!?Come on, we have to go see for ourselves!"
"Oh- yes of course!" Tom pipes up. Him and Villager follow me to this very strange predicament.
After we get there, I open my eyes to see this... very tall person. Are they human? I honestly have no idea. I decide to bite the bullet, and slowly approach the person.

timeskip to a couple minutes earlier

Doomguy's POV
Ok, i'm gonna say something.
"Uh- I come-"
Before I can finish, I get nailed with a slingshot.
Of course, it doesn't hurt at all. I've almost gotten my arm, leg and head bit off by imps. At the same time.
I look at the animal-person who hit me.
"Uhm... as I was saying, I come in peace. I have no intentions of hurting any of you. I know I look scary, but I will not cause harm to any of you."
I hear a collective sigh of relief from them..... but they are still scared to approach me.
Then I see a group of people running towards the crowd. A raccoon, that human from earlier, and...... a dog that looks almost exactly like Daisy. I feel a pang of happiness in my heart when I saw her, it was almost as if Daisy was alive again.
That memory reminded me of why I felt the need to come here in the first place. Demons.
Before I have the chance to speak, the dog approaches.
I hear a variety of gasps from the others.
She looks scared, but she speaks, "Hello, I'm Isabelle, Secretary of New Horizons Island. May I ask, what is your business here?" She's practically convulsing in fear.
"Hello, Isabelle. I'm Doomguy, or Doomslayer, whichever you prefer. I just wanted to know, Perchance, Is there a demon infestation on this island? Don't worry, I am not going to hurt you."
Everyone looks at each other in confusion.
She seems to soften up a little after I added that last comment.
"No sir, There aren't any demons here."
"Great! Well, that means my business here is done!
Guess I better get gooo......"
I trail off. Behind Isabelle, I see the portal closing.
"Oh no! The portal!"
I dash past Isabelle, toward the portal.
I managed to get to the portal, but unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough to get THROUGH the portal.
I slump to the ground.
"Um... Doomguy? What was that?" Isabelle queries.
"My way home. Looks like I'm stuck here." I say glumly.
"Oh...... Well then, what are we standing around for? Tom, get this man a tent! Everyone, let's give a warm welcome to our newest resident of New Horizons Island, Doomguy!"
They all started clapping.
Isabelle looked happy, but I could see right through her. She was tired. Very tired.
I guess we have something in common then.

later that night

They held a ceremony for me. There was a campfire, with people and everything.
I was sitting on a log when the dog, Isabelle, plopped down on the seat next to me.
"Hey there, Doomguy! How are you liking it here?"
"So far, It's pretty good."
"Well, don't expect anything too exciting. It gets pretty boring around here."
"I could tell."
We both laugh for a good 5 seconds.
"Well, new guy, if you ever need me, just go to down to town hall and I'll be there."
"Alright then."
She began to walk off.
"Bye, Doomguy! I hope we become good friends!"
"Bye, Isabelle! I wish the same."
Then I sat back and took in my surroundings.
I think i'll like it here.

edit:
holy heck 400 reads?!?! this is honestly awesome that you guys are reading this. i want to thank you all for reading this, even if you hated it.
thank you so much, dear reader!
-ATD
p.s- more is coming soon :)