four → for you, i promise.

Later that day, Wesley noticed something was up with his sister based on their quiet car ride home, despite hearing that Reagan got the lead in the musical

Later that day, Wesley noticed something was up with his sister based on their quiet car ride home, despite hearing that Reagan got the lead in the musical. He assumed something had happened with Ricky, as he saw the boy had skateboarded home instead of taking a ride back with the Ellis'

"Hey guys, how was your day?" Madeline asked as the two entered their home. "Ray how were the auditions?"

"Good," she smiled, "I got the part of Gabriella."

"No way!" Madeline grinned, "Now I'm definitely baking those cupcakes I was thinking of making. I'm so proud of you hun." she said, pulling Reagan in for a hug.

"Thanks Mads. I'm gonna go change into something more comfortable," she said, pulling away from the hug.

As Reagan made her way upstairs, Madeline looked over at Wesley, eyebrows furrowed. "Is it just me or does she not seem happy about the lead? Isn't that what she wanted?"

Wes sighed, placing his backpack on the kitchen counter. "I think something happened with Ricky. Can you maybe talk to her? I don't think she wants to talk to me about it."

"Yeah of course," she nodded, placing the napkin in her hand down on the counter. "Can you just turn this burner off when the soup boils?"

Upstairs, Reagan had in fact changed into something more comfortable. She also closed the curtains in front of the window Ricky had a bad habit of climbing through. The last thing she wanted to do was talk to him right now. He made her feel bad for something she didn't deserve to feel bad for.

Grabbing her songbook and guitar, she took a seat at her window nook ready to write her feelings away. But before she could get started, there was a light knock at her door.

"Yeah?" she called out, and Madeline's head peeked through. "Hey hun, can I come in?"

Reagan nodded, "What's up?"

Madeline sighed, taking a seat on the girl's bed. "Come sit," she smiled, patting the spot next to her.

Reagan set her guitar down before making her way over to her bed, taking a seat next to Madeline.

"So," Madeline began, "correct me if I'm wrong, but we're happy about getting the lead in the play right? That's what you wanted?"

Reagan sighed, realizing she wasn't as good at masking her as she thought. "Yeah we're happy."

Madeline let out of a soft laugh, "Then why the sad face sweets?"

The teen then went into explaining the prior events of the day to her to-be Step-Mom. Starting from the story of Ricky and Nini, and ending with his unexpected outburst today at auditions.

"He lied to me about why he was joining the play, then got really mad at me for getting the role of Gabriella, expected me to know why he was mad, and then made me feel bad for something so ridiculous."