fifty two, real life

HARRY

i went to the café earlier than our decided time. i just need time to prepare for this incoming talk. i've never been this nervous ever since i auditioned in xfactor. athena really is something else.

an hour later, she finally arrived looking as beautiful as ever. she had a lighter hair and the same length ever since. it has been more than a year since we both saw each other in person.

she greeted me with a smile and took the seat in front of me, "hey, h."

"hey, it's been a while."

"yeah, and i've missed this place," she said and laughed a bit, probably reminiscing our memories in this café. it has been our favorite spot since we moved here in la, "i listened to your album," she added.

"really? what do you think of it?" i asked with a mocking tone.

she chuckled, "it was good. it has a lot of feelings in it."

"yeah. it's for you."

"yeah, you told me," and she laughed awkwardly.

"does dylan know you're meeting up with me? how are you guys? you've never told me how you started dating."

"i didn't think it was a big deal," she shrugged.

"what? i thought we tell each other everything?"

"it's different now, harry," she said.

carol, the waitress who usually serve us, went to our table and asked for our orders. we both ordered the usual ones and continued with the talking. i'm quite sure this talk wouldn't end well, probably would make me write another album after.

"dylan's not your number one fan, you know?" she said.

"i figured, what else would be the reason behind you not talking to me for more than a year?" i said, "he doesn't hurt you, right? because if he does then i'm gonna kick his ass."

she kept quiet for a few seconds, "tell me about the making of the album."

"athena for fuck's sake! you've been ignoring all my questions about you both!" i exclaimed and slammed the table which made a few people glance.

"harry, you're making a scene," she whispered with gritted teeth.

"no, a! that's not the point of this! i don't give any fucks."

"fine! if you want me to answer your question then, yes! he- he hit me quite a few times but it was just an accident, h! he didn't mean it, he was drunk," she defended.

"the fact that he hurt you, a, is enough. i don't know why you're still with him," i told her with pleading eyes. i just wish she knew how to take care of herself and her worth. she deserves a lot more, she deserves me.

"just mind your own business, harry. it's not your problem," she sighed.

our order arrived a few minutes later and we both kept quiet while eating. i chuckled, knowing this is really her when she's hungry.

"what are you laughing at?" she asked with a mean tone.

"what? he doesn't feed you as well?" i asked sarcastically.

"bad joke, h." she rolled her eyes.

"i hope you know what you deserve, a. you're more than that," i told her.

"i know, h. i just-" i cut her off.

"please, athena. i-i love you. i want to be with you. you deserve the best and i want to be that best for you."

"not now, harry. i love dylan, i just couldn't let go if him easily," she answered.

"i'll wait for you, a. i'll wait for as long as forever to be with you. ever since, i think a part of me will always be waiting for you."