Mundane

I felt the power of the sunrays beckoning me from my slumber. The light was suddenly so conscious to me that I squinted my eyes shut as I squirmed in my sleep. Though as I turned on my side, something felt foreign. Hoseok wasn't there. 

Forcing myself up, I raise my head to look around the living room for my younger roommate, though there was no sign of life in the apartment. I sighed internally, wondering where Hoseok could have gone to. I noticed a note tapped to the head of the couch, making sure I could see it:

Dear Yoongi Hyung,
At work my shift started while you were asleep. There's food on the stove. Just heat it up with the microwave.

Love, Hobi

"Well, that answers that question," I mumbled to myself, stretching out my limbs. I heard my bones slightly crack as I groaned loudly. Eventually, I got up from the couch and tried to take my first steps of the afternoon, though as soon as I stood up, my vision was clouded by black spots and my head became light. I fell flat on my face from the sensation. Soon enough, my lightheadedness disappeared and I nonchalantly pulled myself up from the ground and was walking right yet again. 

I headed towards the bathroom, going there to do my business and take a much needed shower. While I wasn't exactly dirty, I felt disgusting from working all night. Luckily since I finished my project, that meant I had the next five days off. 

After letting out my bladder, I quickly washed my hands and started up the shower. Once the water was at a reasonable temperature, I stripped my clothes and hopped into the shower. 

The rushing water hit my skin with, what felt like, the force of a bullet. Strangely enough, I liked the feeling of the pressure so high. Hoseok was against it though, opting for the water to be lightly sprinkling down. We've had many disagreements over one of us leaving the water pressure too high or low. Though those petty fights didn't change anything about how close we were.

Speaking of Hoseok, my mind started to wander to him yet again. As I was washing my body, I was reminiscing on memories with him.

I remembered when I first met him. It was our second year of high school. I had just transferred to our high school and was looking for a quiet place to be alone. That was until I stumbled upon Hoseok dancing to himself in the boy's locker room. I was so entranced by his movements that I forgot all about my goal of being alone. I just wanted to watch him.

Of course, I was caught by him. But Hoseok being the social butterfly he is, was able to make the situation feel natural and even talk to me. As our high school year went on, he went out of his way to talk to me until we became best friends. We were so close that we made a promise that we'd live together after high school indefinitely, which we kept.

When did I first start falling for him? My body twitched at the random question. I dropped the rag I was using the wash myself, yet quickly picked it up. 

It was hard to pinpoint when exactly I started to develop feelings for the younger. It was around the time when we first moved in together. At the time, I didn't even know I was attracted to men, but he started to catch my eye a lot. Hoseok loved to run around the apartment shirtless or have the thinnest tank top on. It was hard not to notice.

I would be able to see every muscle he had. And since he was a dancer, there was a lot of them for me to admire. Though even if it started as an attraction to his body, it quickly blossomed into something more. I'd have strange urges for Hoseok to hold me, to treat me like I was his, to shower me with affection. His sweetness didn't help anything either. Hoseok was so kind and supportive of me that I would fall more and more as time went on.