[3]

Chapter 3

Fluttering his eyes open, the first thing he noticed was the strong smell of disinfectant lurking in the entire room. His head was hurting like hell, the tiniest bit of movement caused a shock of pain in his shoulder and leg. He was left with no choice but to fix his eyes on the expensive chandelier elegantly hanging on the beige-colored ceiling of his room.

"Hyung, you're awake. How do you feel?" A young man appeared in his line of sight.

"I'm fine, Jungkook. This is not the first time." He slowly lifted himself up to sit on the edge of the bed, wincing at the slightest movement of his bandaged shoulder.

"That fucker almost got you, what were you thinking? You should've called us if you want to get wasted, you even have your own bar here. Just look at this mansion!" He hollered, arms spread wide to point out the wideness of his room. A king-sized bed with velvet sheets laid in the soft carpeted floor. The entire house were inspired from Medieval era with the touch of modern styles, his room not an exception.

He couldn't even bring himself to go out for a few drinks alone without going home with a gunshot or his limbs chopped off.

"Let's say I wanted to distract myself." He limped towards his dresser, taking a good look at himself in the huge mirror. His brown hair were disheveled, aside from his shoulder and leg injury, he had a few bruises on his face but nothing serious. Slipping a shirt in his head, he saw Jungkook's quizzical look on his face in the reflection.

"How is she?" His deep voice said, sticking his arm out carefully not to graze it on the fabric of the armhole.

"Who?"

He heaved a sigh. As much as he hates the idea of a chaperon, he can't help but feel lucky of the momentary distraction she gave earlier. He wasn't thankful, no— he still doesn't approve of her presence, he can still manage to get out of there alive himself, she just made the work easier but he never asked for her help in the first place.

"Ah, her? Well she's pretty hot if that's what you're asking. She got a nice ass." The younger exclaimed, chuckling as he reminisced the events earlier. Sucking a puff of air in, his eyes narrowed at him in interest, "If you don't mind, can I get a taste—"

He was interrupted by the sudden knock on the door, after saying a low come in from Taehyung, a girl in a usual made outfit entered. "Young Master, your father has been asking for your presence." Her meek voice sounded, keeping her head low.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute." He quickly responded as he reached for his phone in the drawers. His eyebrows knitted in confusion when he noticed the girl remained standing on her spot, fidgeting nervously. "Anything else?"

"Uhm." She stuttered, biting her lips in anxiousness. "I j-just want to say that Master Kim didn't seem to be happy when you arrived."

"Shit." He hissed.

***

Pacing on the hallway going to the dining room, Taehyung can't help but curse under his breath. Huge glass windows lined up at the side, giving a clear view of the enormous garden below. The sight was filled with greeneries, mainly composed of bushes and roses with the antique fountain in the center.

The huge oak door finally reached his eyes, now he braced himself for what's behind it.

Collecting himself, he inhaled deeply and wore his standard expression— bored and didn't gave a fuck. He knows the arrogance irks the old man and that's just exactly what he needs. Smirking, he pushed the wooden door open.

"My my, father, I heard you called for me~" His deep playful voice echoed in the wide expanse of the dining room. The slight twitch in his father's eyes made him celebrate internally. Yet the smirk plastered in his face quickly faded when he recognized the person standing behind him.

"Why the fuck is she here?"

Stifling a smile, you struggled to keep on a blank face but you almost slipped off the act upon seeing how his nose flared, glaring daggers at you. You straightened your back ever than before, towering over the gray-haired man seating in a mahogany chair just in front of you.

His father looked at him through his cupped hands, a hint of amusement passing through his eyes. Of course he was aware of his son's distaste of the thought of having you around, but maybe this is what he just needs. "This is what I was talking about, Taehyung. You lack discipline, you act on impulse without using that head of yours."

Taehyung slumped down in the chair with gritted teeth, "Where can I possibly get it from? Of course I got it from you."

As soon as those words exited his mouth, he felt a soft swish in the air just beside his ears, followed by a dull thud of a sharp object lodging itself on the portrait behind him. He felt something warm trickling in the side of his cheeks.

"You ungrateful bastard." His father's eyes darkened, spitting his words out. Despite of his old age, he was once the renowned hitman of the mafia organization, he lives up with the title until now.

He lifted his finger up his cheek, it was oozing with warm blood. Despite of this, he kept up his neutral expression. After spending his whole life with the man who was supposed to be his father, he has learned to mask his own emotions. One thing he learned; his father feeds off his fear.

There was an eerie silence in the room, making you feel a little bit of uneasiness. You were not expecting to witness their father-son bond in front of you, much less Mr. Kim's impatience.

"Kang Y/N," Your thoughts were interrupted by the older's stern voice, making you glance back at him, "Pack up your clothes, you will be staying here."

"Come again sir?" There was confusion in your eyes as you stared down the man who was gracefully cutting his steak.  You clearly heard what the man said but you asked again just in case you heard it wrong. Yet instead of addressing your question, he turned his head back to his seething son who apparently had a deep scowl on his face.

Sipping his wine, he dropped his knife and fork, making a clunking sound against the porcelain plate. "Kim Taehyung," He stated, "Starting now, Kang Y/N will be joining you in school. Take it as a reward for being such an asshole."

Before you could even make sense of his words, you heard a loud crash on the floor.

***