Village

He ran through the woods as fast as he could. He's running for a few months now, he didn't care to count to know exactly how long. After his Pack was entirely killed by a bunch of hunters he escaped and ran since then. He would have searched for his mother, his last blood relative, but he could smell the amount of her blood in the air and was sure she didn't made it.

He looked around as he made his way to a small lake he found. He felt dehydrated and didn't know when his last stop for food or a drink was but he felt himself starving. He had an idea where he could find some food but it would be a risk.

Many wolves choose to live their life beside the humans entirely and it truly disgusted him. How could they abandon the feeling of being free and run through the forest, hunt for their food and be independent from others.

Also human stink.

He stopped in his path and took a good sniff of the air. He closed his eyes and focused on his nose and its job. There! He found the scent of a human in the air and it's not that far away maybe a day or so.

He immediately started to run again, following the soft scent of human lingering in the air. It's a really thin smell and if it doesn't start to rain he will find the village he is searching for.

*****

After a day full of running and maybe 3 short breaks for water he arrived at the village and it seems bigger now than he ever thought of. He went to the end of the forest and laid down to investigate his surroundings.

He saw a big field with markings in the ground and humans mixed with wolves in their human form playing together. He snorted and watched them for a bit as they ran through the field hunting a small round object everyone seemed to hate as they abused that thing by kicking it nonstop.

Humans confused him.

He stood up and carefully followed the end of the forest deeper into the village. The day seemed to be almost over since the sun went down. Pleased with the incoming darkness he quietly ran through the now mostly empty streets, looking for food.

He was used to the earthy ground or the soft gras but the hard streets felt kinda uncomfortable for his paws but he guessed he would have to get used to it.

After a few minutes of walking as careful as he could he found the smell of food in the air. A rich flavor that had his mouth water. He followed the smell and found a big building with the letters "school" in front if it.

He slowly made his way to the building ready to ran inside as he heard a growl coming from a bush a few feet away. He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around baring his teeth.

Who are you? You are not from here. He heard one say and and a pure black wolf came out of his hiding. The foreign wolf made no move to answer or run he just growled back but with more force, sounding ready for a bloody fight.

The black wolf observed him with suspicion but made no move to do more than that too. Two other wolves came out of the bushes. One of them was an Alpha as him and the pure black one and the other a Beta.

He bared this trained teeth once again and leans his ears back. We don't fight with you if you cooperate with us. The pure black one said and the foreign wolf snorted.

The Alpha and the Beta positioned themselves on each sides of the foreign wolf, effectively stopping him from every escape plan he may have thought of. The black Alpha takes a few steps towards him and stared right into his eyes. Forcing him to submit.