Chapter Four

THE BUSINESS PARTY...

  All staffs were asked to close very early, so as to be able to prepare for the party. Thank God, I had packed my things inside the car because I knew going home was out of the option. So, I had called Sarah very early in the morning to inform her that I'll prepare for the party at her apartment since it was closer to the office.

  When we got to her apartment later in the day, I firstly had a nap since I couldn't sleep through out the night, trying to finish up some work which couldn't wait till the following week. We got to the party 6.30pm and the place was already full with people and the decor was OMG. The event planner is a good one and I'll give credit to dad for always settling for the best and nothing less. I really love that about him, he would say the best last longer and brings one satisfaction which I already feel in this second party I would attend in my entire life.

  We saw mum and dad, greeted them, after which Sarah and I raced to the chocolate fountain as if we were kids. Well, tell me who has the capacity to hate chocolate, when it lifts one's spirit up. We were gisting and laughing when I saw Bisade and her date, if you see what she's wearing, you would think that, she's here for a fashion parade which I'm not sure of, since we are all here for a business party.

  I know for one that she can't bend down in that thing she called a dress, not to talk of walking fast in case of emergency. Her date looks her if he would be glad to be anywhere but here. Only God knows what she did to bring him to the party. We all know how she likes to get her way in every situation. I love her to the moon and back, but she's too handful.

  They both went to greet my parents before she saw us and dragged her date to where we were sitting (YES, dragged...) And well, it's not new when Bisade and Sarah started bickering the moment they saw each other. Come and see drama... I never knew a business party could be this interesting. All thanks to my sis and best friend. Her date was just typing off on his phone since he tried his luck to stop both of them but they wouldn't budge.

  I laughed so hard that tears started coming out of my eyes. It was when one of them tapped me and shouted at me to shut up, that I realize that I was already the center of attention. Who would blame them? The party is too boring and I'm the only one getting entertained.

RAYMOND'S POV
  I was on my way to the business party of the company, I was thinking of merging my new company with, so as to expand across the state even the country when my phone started ringing.

  It was Mr Pemisire, the man my father said he's the only one I can trust...

"What is it Mr Pemisire? You know I'm on my way to the business party" I said to him with a firm voice

"Sorry to disturb you Mr Raymond, but I wanted to let you know what was discussed by the board before you hear it somewhere else" he replied calmly

"That's so thoughtful of you. So, anything I should know, we both know I don't have all day" I snapped at him

"The board was thinking of removing you as the CEO, since the majority wanted you out." he said

"You've got to be kidding me right now, why would they want that, since I'm the best they could ever get" I replied with anger

"You're young Raymond, they believe you'll make irrational decisions which might be harmful to the business." he said

"So what do you suggest I do right now?" I asked

"The only thing I've been trying to tell you all this time. Get married to a beautiful lady and they'll be convinced that you can make good decisions. Infact most of them agreed when a member of the board  mentioned this" he answered