[ 32 ] 2014

[ 32 ] 2014

-

"Well, I would think there's no harm in having some fun before I get rid of this girl, right grandson?"

-

They went to Iggy's Diner for something to eat and ended up staying there well past four in the morning. By that time, everyone was beyond exhausted. Everyone said their goodbyes in the parking lot and went their separate ways, though they were all headed to the same neighborhood as they all lived about two houses down from each other. 

Cindy didn't want to go back home either and ended up deciding to go home with Billy Quinn. Harley decided to stay over at Calum's, which she had been doing a lot recently. She usually just went home now to get changes of clothes or her school uniforms. Billy warned the two of them to behave, to which Harley shot back that it wasn't like he and Cindy were just going to innocently sleep either. At that, Cindy shot her friend a devious look, and then she threw her head back giggling in amusement.

By the time she got into her bed later that morning, it was nearly five in the morning and she would be getting up in six more hours to get ready for school. The big cheer competition would be that afternoon and a small part of her was starting to regret having gone out to eat after the amusement park. She might have gotten two additional hours of sleep otherwise. The boys would be getting to sleep in, while the girls would have to get up to go to school for the pep rally, and the competition right after. Harley had already decided that she would make Calum wake up too, if only to help her do her hair up into that monstrous up do Cindy had created and envisioned for competition.

She fell asleep almost immediately, Calum already snoring softly by her side after changing into something comfortable and brushing his teeth. With both of them fast asleep, and both of them at Calum's house, neither of them even fathomed the thought that something was happening in Harley's bedroom back home, particularly with the mirror that had Ashton's bound soul for over fifty years. The mirror flickered off grey bits of light in the darkness of the bedroom that slightly resembled lightning. It flickered soft at first, once, and twice. Then the flickering got bigger and stronger, and from the mirror emerged a tall figure with dark hair and dark eyes. Only one thought could be seen in them. Revenge

It had taken him almost a year to learn and master the technique of time travel since he last encountered the two teenagers in the past. But it was all paying off now because he was in their territory, their time period, and he would show them that no one could get away with besting Conrad Hood. Sure, he had read warnings that there was a chance he wouldn't make it, that his body might not be strong enough to withstand a jump into the future because it didn't exist and was uncertain in his lifetime. But he was willing to take that chance. He was a powerful shifter and knew a lot about his abilities. He trusted that he would be strong enough to make the jump to the future, eliminate his enemies, and make the jump back. And if he were to not make it back, he only hoped he would accomplish what he had set out to do. 

He looked around the room with curious eyes. This was the same bedroom that had belonged to Ashton in the past, except in this lifetime it seemed to be a girl's room. As he looked at a few photographs hung on the walls, he saw that it was hers. The girl who had claimed to be Bobby's sister. 

Con walked over to the balcony and peeked outside into the night. The neighborhood had changed so much. The houses were not as spaced out as they once used to be, and there were more of them. The small side house that had been part of Ashton's family property had been expanded and divided into another home. But across the street he saw his own house still standing tall. And he could feel a surge of energy coming from that place. There weren't regular humans residing in there. There were shifters, and more than one. That meant there was a chance that the two people he was looking for were in there.