unexpected

annie's pov
i wake up to hayley shaking me to wake me up. it was the first day of junior year yay. i get up and get ready and wore ripped mom jeans, air forces, and a simple white t-shirt with a jacket. after i head downstairs and grab an apple to eat before i get in my car to drive to school. once i arrive i see my best friends kenzie and jayden.

(annie: a  kenzie: k  jayden: ja)
k:morning guys!
ja: morning!
a: how are y'all so energetic it's so early in the morning.
k: that's just how we are and you know that cause it's the first day of school!!
ja: omg wait i have tea though
k: spill!!
ja: i heard nadia and johnny arguing this morning and i think i heard that nadia cheated on johnny so they could've possibly broken up.
k: wait really?! they were the power couple of this school. this can't be real.

even hearing johnnys name made me sad. he used to be there for me so many times and when it was a really hard time for me he just left me there. broken.

k: annie?? anns?
a: yeah what's up?
ja: you blanked out for a sec did you hear what i said?
a: yeah that's a bummer.
k: werent you friends with johnny before?
a: yeah but that's a really long story that i don't want to talk about
~bell rings~
k: whats your first class?
a: chemistry
ja: english
k: same jay, we'll see you at lunch annie!
a: okay bye!

when i walked into the class i see there's only one seat left and that's next to johnny. i walked over there and sit down but i don't make eye contact with him and i don't plan on it.

t: okay welcome to chemistry class. the seats you are in now will be your seats for the rest of the year.

this is gonna be a fun year. sense the sarcasm.

j: hey i'm johnny, i guess we're gonna be partners for the year.

wow. i don't think he even remembers me. wow.

a: annie leblanc.
j: wait annie? we haven't talked in forever!
a:*mumbles* yeah ik
j: sorry what did you say?
a: nothing.
t: class before we actually get into chemistry i think you should get to know your partner more, so you're going to spend about a month getting to know your partner. have fun!
~bell rings~
i quickly walk out of the class and get into my next class. the before i know it's lunch. i go to my locker before meeting kenzie and jayden and when i arrive the one and only johnny walks up to me.

j: hey can we talk.
a: i have nothing to say to you.
j: it's just a small favor.
a: tell me what it is and i'll think about it.
j: will you be my fake girlfriend.
a: no
j: why?
a: is this only to get nadia back?
j: yeah
a: i'm not doing it.
j: come on annie we used to be best friends. why can't you do me a small favor.
a: used to be johnny we aren't anymore and we never will be.

johnnys pov
when i found out that me and annie were chem partners i was happy. i haven't talk to her in a long time and maybe i'll get to know her more again. i remember we used to be best friends until eighth grade. i became more popular and she didn't want to be popular. we still hung out but not as much as we used to but once i got onto the football team we were so distant. she wouldn't even talk to me anymore and i don't understand why. when she said no to wanting to be my fake girlfriend i was honestly upset, i wanted to be her friend again but i guess she didn't.

annie's pov
when i got to the table at lunch kenzie and jayden started asking me a bunch of questions about where i was
k: you took forever where we're you?
ja: yeah, what happened?
a: not a lot, just johnny came up to me and talked to me
k,ja: WHAT?!
a: geez don't yell everyone's going to hear then.
k: what did he say?
a: well first of all we're partner for chemistry and he wanted me to be his fake girlfriend so he could get nadia back
ja: omg this is like one of those typical love stories. y'all are gonna "fake" date and then before you know it you guys are going to be in loooveeeee!
k: i agrée with jay and honestly you and johnny used to be best friends. maybe he wants to be friends with you again.
a: i don't think he does, he decided to be popular and i didn't which is good because i have you guys.
ja: i mean there's so many girls he could've chosen but he chose you.
a: i'll think about it
k: just saying i think y'all would be cute together
ja: wait omg yessss!! i agreee!!
a: no ew
~afterschool~
i go back to my locker and johnnys there again.
j: hey
a: what do you want
j: just to be friends. i mean we have to for chemistry
a: i have homework
j: same we can do it at my house come on
a: john i haven't been there in forever and why do you even wanna be friends with me
j: i mean i've barely seen you in high school and we finally have a few classes together and i thought it would be a good opportunity to get to know each other again. and be best friends again?
a: whatever lets just go to your house.

980 words. thanks for reading!!