➳ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒 ➳

CHAPTER FIVE:AFTER IMAGES

CHAPTER FIVE:
AFTER IMAGES

    "HOW LONG HAS BRETT BEEN MISSING?" Wanda asked, chin leaning on her hand.

    Lori was shaking. "Since yesterday," The bloodied lacrosse stick laid out in front of her, Scott on the other side of the table, staring at it intently. "It's... it's his. I heard gunshots. It's his blood—"

    "It's okay," Wanda shushed, placing a calming hand on the girl's arm. "It's okay, we'll find him."

    She sent a calming wave through the girl, the blonde releasing the tension. "Alive?" She asked, her voice small.

    In the time Wanda was here, it was odd to see a wolf so... vulnerable. All the ones she had met, including Malia, had strong walls. She couldn't get into their minds as easy as she could say— someone like Tony, or Steve. It was difficult.  Lori was different, she was much more exposed than the others.

    That Theo Raeken, he was an oddball. Stiles claimed that he was not a natural wolf; more of an experiment. His mind wasn't easy to break through but his emotions were loud.

    Wanda nodded. "Alive." She confirmed.

    "I'll get Lydia and Malia— they can help," Scott assured, reaching for his phone.

    Wanda had been meditating with Lydia when Scott called her on the temporary phone she had been given, asking her to come over. Why he had chosen her above Lydia, Malia, or even Stiles she couldn't figure out.

    And that bugged her.

    Lori, who had calmed down, looked at Wanda curiously. "What are you?"

    Wanda sighed, she was getting so tired of being asked that. "A witch, I think.." She twirled her fingers, the red mist dancing around them like ballerinas. "Lab experiment gone right. Something. Not a wolf." She clarified.

    "Oh..." She said. "I'm a born wolf. Same with my brother."

    Wanda arched an eyebrow. Now that was new information. "Your parents are werewolves?"

    "Yeah," She said, deep in thought. "Not very many of us..."

    Scott stopped talking on the phone, pocketing the device. "Lydia and Stiles are going to meet up with Corey and Mason and try to trigger a vision. Me and Lori are going with Malia and Liam."

    "You and her?" She asked incredulously, eyes narrowed. "Shouldn't I be with you?"

    Scott stumbled, taken aback. "Well— I thought... I thought you'd want to help Lydia with her premonition."