Peter's Choice

Web slinging across the city that night, Spider-Man was thinking back on all the conversations and other things involving Black Cat up to this point. He felt guilty about the way he went off at her, but it was only because he cared for her safely, most notable after their first battle with Shocker. Okay, maybe there's more to that which made him realize he needs to confront Black Cat, but not before figuring out what would be the step to take in his life.

The next step in his life, that had been a thought that had torn him on if it was still the best idea to still be Spider-Man or give it up and become just normal Peter Parker. Indeed, the amount of personal problems in his life regarding his college work, social life and trying to find a decent paying job, all of which would make one think that giving up the superhero life was the way forward. That being said, the city had seen it's fair share of villains lately ranging from run of the mill street gangs to some more notorious villains that only Spider-Man could stop, especially the dangerous Doctor Otto Octavius who was still at large in the city.

"Is Cat right, am I just torturing myself?" Peter asked himself as he web swung over some low buildings. "Do I have to really give up being Peter Parker? What about the people in my life?"

He landed on the edge of one of the buildings and looked up towards the city skyscrapers and pondered once more on his thoughts. "Well, Mary Jane is getting married and Harry and me haven't really been on best of terms since he keeps thinking that Spider-Man is responsible for his father's death. Really, my social life is not all that good as Peter Parker. Could I become Spider-Man more fulltime? It sounds possible, but what would that mean for Peter Parker if I just decide to stay a hero more? The only way I could see this happening if I become some famous hero who reveals his self to the world, but that would require me to be a rich guy with a lot ways to protect my Aunt."

Peter processed all the questions he thought of deciding that at the end of the day, as his Uncle Ben said, for with great power comes great responsibility, which could have meant that Peter needs to focus on being Spider-Man more than Peter Parker.

"Maybe that's it," Peter decided. "I should start being Spider-Man more than Peter Parker. That way I can do my superhero duties more and maybe who knows, just like Black Cat I can use that superstar status so I can make sure to provide for Aunt May with whatever she needs." He fired a shot of webbing at a taller building and swung off on his way. "I better go see Black Cat so me and her can have a, dare I say it, relax talk."

Not long after he left that building, he was soon swinging to the meet up spot that he usual finds her at, a sense of anticipation and excitement filled him as he arrived. There was something about this woman that had never made him feel this way since his crush on MJ years ago...was he really starting to come to turns on how he really felt for her? He remembered after their final battle with Shocker that Peter began to see Black Cat in a different light. She was beautiful no doubt about that, but also smart, witty, full of fun and above all, he actually enjoyed being Spider-Man while being with her. Maybe she was one that he needed to help him get on with life.

After a few minutes of waiting, he spotted her and made his way over to her. As he was going to tell her about his new choice, he figured that why not show off a different side that she hasn't really seen in him since they met. "Cat." He greeted her in a confident tone.

"Hey I was wondering if you will show up...and you now calling me Cat, huh?" She walked over to him and noticed him walking over to her with a different saunter.

"Yes, why wouldn't I show up to meet a beautiful cat lady like yourself," Spider-Man responded now being very close to Black Cat. "And I think that's a hot nickname to go with your hot personal."

She tilted her head and asked him in playful voice. "Ok, Who are you and what happened to the brooding Spider-Man I've been dealing with?"

"Lets just say that after our fight I really took some time to figure things out," He explained. "...and I realize that your right, I should be more loose and embrace my superhero side more." A bold smile appeared behind his mask as he said that.

This managed to get Black cat in a better mood from their fight earlier and she looked like she'd jump for joy at hearing this news. "That's the spirit! I knew you would eventually understand!"

Spider-Man then raised a finger at her. "Yep, but there's one thing we need to talk about and it is your way of taking on bad guys. No more crazy stunts unless I give the okay, so got it?"

His commanding presence there caught Black Cat off guard. "Are you serious?" She questioned him thinking that he was just playing with her.

Spider-Man nodded. "If me and you are going to be together on this, then yes, I'm very serious." This really shocked the short white haired woman hearing that Spider-Man was pretty much saying that he wants to be with her. Though she felt the same way wanting to be official with him, she couldn't resist playing hard to get with him.

"Well...who said that I want us to be together?" She asked as she brushed her hair back. Now at the moment the old Peter would had felt rejected and would probably avoid Black cat as much as possible going into a deep depression of not having Mary Jane nor Cat. However, this is a new Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man, who instead pulled his mask up to his nose, grabbed Cat by her butt, lifting her up to make her wrap her legs around his waist, and then kissed her aggressively. Though this stunned Cat a bit, she quickly gave in to the hot kiss as she felt her back against the wall while continuing the kiss with Spider-Man.

Spider-Man then broke off the kiss and with cockiness asked, "I'm sorry, were you was saying something about us not being together?"

Black cat simply smiled and whispered in his ear, "I think I was saying that this is going to work out between us just fine."

Spider-Man then gently let her down but still held her by her waist while she had her arms round his neck. "That's what I thought. Although there's still the issue of the crime gangs in this city as well as an evil octopus guy running around, and we need to stop him before anyone gets seriously hurt."

"You got it baby, but could I, you know, do it my way when we eventually face him?" She shows him her puppy pout look to guilt him into saying yes.

With little thought Spider-Man signs and answers her, "Fine, we can go your way as long as no one gets hurt."

She gave him a quick kiss and laughed, "Yes! Well what are we waiting for? Lets go!"

Before the new couple took off Spider-Man thought to his self again, "You know my hero life is about to become even better now." Indeed, it was a good time for Peter in this moment, but it was only the start as little did they know what they were going to face in the coming days.

XXX

Anyway, this is the first Spider-Man fan fic I've ever done and it's been one I've been meaning to do for years actually though I've never really gotten round to it due a lack of ideas for it. The story in question is set during 2004 Spider-Man 2 video game (alongside Spider-Man PS4 imo is the best spidey game out there) and the story is about what if Peter decided to be Spider-Man more often with Black cat instead of going back to Mary Jane and quitting the superhero life. Yes, I'm a big fan of SpiderxCat, but this game did bring up so many ideas that I'm surprised that hardly anyone has come up with this idea as it has so much potential. 

Hopefully the next update will be up soon as I just need to fix some little problems up before I upload it. Keep an eye out for the next update!