The Coffee Shop

After a fairly uneventful patrol around the city in which both Spider-Man and Black Cat found very little criminal activity that day, they had instead decided to take a rest up at Felicia's penthouse in which both carried on with their backstories to each other and later on they would eventually meet up with Mary Jane at the coffee shop. 

Peter happily reminisced about his early days at Spider-Man with all the villains he'd taken down and in Felicia, he found a keen audience, feeling quite flattered to hear the real story of Spider-Man. He was also asked Felicia how she was able to acquire this penthouse, thinking that a sense of dubious deals led her in getting the place, though amazingly Felicia revealed that it was handed down by her farther a few years ago and had lived there ever since. To Peter, he was sure that it was going to be one of these cases when the cheque would bounce and all would be exposed, now it seems that despite Felicia's past of being a cat burglar, it seems that she wasn't all quite the bad girl as he thought in the end.

Nonetheless when Felicia asked Peter if he wanted to move in her penthouse, the masked vigilantly didn't need asking twice and seemed determined to get out of that ominous apartment he stayed in. Clearly Peter was beginning to see some of the positives in becoming Spider-Man more often.

After some more pleasurable hours in the company of his girlfriend, Peter left Felicia's penthouse and headed back to his own crumby apartment to change into his civilian gear for him and Felicia to meet up with MJ. For Peter, it would mark a nice little moment for the crime fighting couple as they'd be together in civilian gear for the first time ("Just as Felicia said, a first for everything today," Peter would remind himself).

He was just closing the door while leaving when he briefly paused looking around the corridor seeing how shabby it truly was and happily in the know that he'd be leaving this place, something he'd never imagined doing just a few months ago, Felicia was truly a life saver for Peter.

He didn't realise how long he had been standing around for until he heard that certain voice..."RENT! Where is my money?!"

Peter groaned and looked over to see Mr. Ditkovich standing in his doorway on the other side of the corridor staring down the young brunette. "Hello—"

"Your rent is due NOW!" Mr. Ditkovich ordered him, his hand stretched out waiting for to be paid in cash, clearly he wasn't going to let Peter get away this time. Normally Peter would have to come up with an excuse to his landlord to explain to him why he didn't have the money, but now, he had a chance to get one over Mr. Ditkovich for once and maybe the last laugh.

At first Peter sighed, placed his hands in his pockets and looked up at the ceiling remaining quiet. Then he looked back at the landlord with a cheeky grin and from his pocket, he dug up a bundle of dollars, more than he would ever had made from his time at the Bugle or any other form of work, and handed them over to Mr. Ditkovich. With his smug grin, Peter walked off leaving his landlord shocked and speechless at the large amount of money in his hands; it was enough rent to last for three months. 

Little did he know that the only reason why Peter had given out this amount of money was it would be a farewell 'gift' before he would move in with Felicia.

Once he was outside on the street, Peter burst out laughing after finding it hard to hold it in while trying not to laugh in the vicinity of his landlord. The money he had in question had been given to him by Felicia, who had also suggested the idea of handing over the crazy amount of money to Mr Ditkovich. Now normally with Peter knowing Felicia's background, he would questioned her if that cash had been her own to begin with or it had to be just been part of one robbery years ago, but in truth, when it came to his growing resent of his overbearing landlord, Peter didn't really care. Even a masked vigilantly can sometimes make a little exception now and again.