Harry's Revelation

Stormy Night clouds had fallen over New York that evening, and within his lavished mansion Harry Osborne looked at the fireplace with a half drunk glass of whiskey and his thoughts elsewhere. He had been like this all evening thanks to the various news channels on the TV saying Spider-Man had stopped a train from crashing and saved the people onboard, but Doc Ock had defeated him and had carried him off, the whereabouts of Spider-Man were a mystery. Harry could only hope that Doc Ock would follow through with their deal and not try and stab him in the back with what he had planned for Spider-Man.

He didn't know how long he had been standing there for while looking into the fire until he heard a sound of high pitched squealing that Harry remembered from last night, those tentacles...

Harry looked behind him and there was Doc Ock with Spider-Man, wrapped round in barbed wire, being held above his head like a conquered trophy. In that moment Harry's doubts of Otto not going along with the deal evaporated and his thoughts quickly turned to those of amazement that Doc Ock had stayed true to his words and had delivered Spider-Man as Harry wanted.

"Where do you want him? Otto asked.

The young Osborne, still somewhat at a loss for words, timidly pointed to the couch nearby Otto. He stared in incomprehension at the defeated Spider-Man; stunned that here he was after all these years and completely forgetting that Otto was in same room.

"...And the tritium?" Otto's voice broke the silence and Harry out of his thoughts, the metal tentacles' squeals and threatening look caused Harry to rush over to the large painting on the wall. He pulled it back revealing a fairly large safe before he quickly set about unlocking it. Once he'd done that, he opened the door to show inside was a basketball sized glass sphere, which in it, was all the remaining tritium that Harry owned.

He could only admire the precious material before one of the metal arms shoved him out of the way rudely allowing room for Otto to marvel at it himself. The fallen scientist removed his glasses and stood there admiring at it.

"Yes..." he uttered in triumph. Harry turned his gaze from Otto back to Spider-Man's motionless body, then he turned back at Doc Ock, only to find he was no longer at the safe and he quickly looked towards the open veranda to see Doc Ock leaving with the tritium, watching him until he started climbing down the building and was out of site.

At that very moment on the outside, Black Cat had arrived at the mansion and quickly hid out of site as she saw Doc Ock climb down the side of the building with something. She then looked back at the mansion and assumed that Spider-Man was inside, with completely no idea as what had happened to him.

Inside the building, Harry then looked behind him at a small table that had a knife on it (a picture of him and his late father just so happened to be next to it). He then grabbed the knife and with trepidation in his heart, he walked forward to perform the act of justice for his Dad he'd been waiting to do for two years now. It also only dawned on Harry that couch that Spider-Man was lying on was the same one that he had left his father on that fateful night, a strange sense of justice and karma at once.

"If only I could cause you the pain that you've caused me," Harry spoke to Spider-Man, who slightly turned his head over to left to see Harry towering above him. In that moment, Harry pulled the knife out from its satchel. "...First we'll see who's behind the mask. I can look into your eyes as you die."

He grabbed the mask and yanked it off to reveal...Peter Parker.

Harry's face went to a pure state of shock and stumbled back, dropping the knife in the process. "Pete...No...It can't be..." Harry rambled in puzzlement, then another hideous thought entered Harry's mind. He had told Doc Ock to find Peter that would help him find Spider-Man, what if Otto had the real Spider-Man killed and had instead placed Peter Parker in the Spider-Man outfit as a cruel joke to Harry? The fact that he had almost killed his friend like that and also that with real Spider-Man was already dead somewhere, he could never avenge his father made the situation even worse for him. He fell backwards onto a table as Peter quickly stood up and removed the barbed wire round him.

This time, he was the one staring down at shaken man. "Harry...where is she? Where is he keeping her?"

Harry said nothing, still in a state of alarm from the unmasking.

"He's got MJ," Peter added, still trying to speak out to Harry.

"No," Harry uttered. "All he wanted was the tritium."

"Tritium?" Peter replied and thought about why Otto wanted it, and then it came clear as day why he wanted it. "...He's making the machine again. When that happens, she'll die along with half of New York. Now where is he?"

"Peter..." Harry replied timidly. "...You killed my father."

He was about to retort saying that he didn't kill his father, then Peter remembered Norman's last fateful words.

Don't tell Harry.

Peter felt horrible by not telling Harry the truth, but he had to follow with the late man's words. "...There are bigger things happening here than me and you...Harry, please, I've got to stop him, where is he?"

"You might want to follow me," came the sound of a certain female voice. Peter and Harry looked over to the open veranda to see Black Cat standing there, but her eyes widened seeing that Peter's identity was on show. "Oh no, you didn't...we've gotta go, c'mon!"

With a heavy sigh, Peter grabbed his mask up from the floor (in which Harry had dropped it in shock during the reveal earlier). "We'll talk about this later...I'm so sorry about this." With his mask pulled over his head again, he raced over to the balcony and followed Black Cat in the hunt for stopping Otto and rescuing Mary Jane.

They were quickly out off sight and Harry sat there with conflict of emotions tearing at him at what had just happened. He didn't know what to do in that moment, all he did know however was that his relationship with Peter had surely changed for the worse...forever.

XXX

Ooh, what drama, haha! So yeah, do you remember that scene in the film when Peter asks Harry where Doc Ock's base is, yet we don't hear Harry say where it is and yet somehow Peter finds it. True in the game version Harry does say where it is, but even Doc Ock didn't even mention where it is, it's always been a little plot hole that's bugged me...until now! So if you remember a few chapters back with Black Cat following Doc Ock to find where his base of operations are? Well, you can see how useful a character Black Cat is in helping Spider-Man to find Doc Ock's base, rather than ask Harry. So in a nutshell, I've filled in a plot hole! The next chapter is...well, you should know really, the big showdown! So until next time, stay tuned!