Our reality and Naruto's

Two words.

Slang words.

It is unknown in which era, century and time Naruto took place. Some claim the early 70' to the 2000' in Boruto. Some say it is a completely parallel universe which is happening at the moment we're speaking. And Kishomoto once stated that it doesn't particularly correspond to any certain time.

Thus, Naruto's reality, traditions, way of speaking and culture is way different than ours. The use of slang words in your story just seems..irrelevant and unnecessary.

"Sike", " Owned/roasted/burn!","savage","shook","lit","salty","extra" ect... are all terms we use in the 21st century. They do not belong in the Naruto world. Refraining from using them would be the best decisions.

We've seen Naruto through his childhood, his days at the academy, chenin exams and teenage years and not even once was any slang term used. So instead of a character being "oooh they're savage!" I think it would be better to use "Damn, they're heartless" or "That was lit!" to "That was amazing!" It seems much more believable.

And no offense intended but the constant use of "oohh burn!" "double burn!" is really cringe. It's like middle school or primary school all over again. It's not funny. Truly.

We do not live in their world and they do not live in ours. Try to avoid bringing things from our world and putting them in Naruto's, varying from common terms we use to phones and computers on "sucked into naruto?!" Type of fanfictions.

-They do not have the 'emo' phase. So, your oc cannot be described as "They're a bit of an emo" What do you exactly mean by that? Explain to us.

-Until Boruto, video games were not a thing.

-Any aircraft is non-existent on Naruto.

-In Naruto's time, the technology I managed to spot are ear pieces, mics, tvs, radios, live news.. Boruto's time is much more advanced.

-Hamburgers weren't a thing until Boruto. Taco/Chipotlet are not a thing in Naruto. It's Japanese based people.. (Ramen, dango..) Unless your oc is a cook! And she makes up those dishes then why the hell nah? I'd love to see a cook oc.

Another thing worth mentioning, the supposedly heartless oc that joins team 7 and speaks to Kakashi in a disrespectful manner such as "Mind your business or stfu" I would remind you that the ninja world is a strict world. Discipline is fundamental.

Kakashi or any person of authority could get your oc not only punished for such thing but also dropped from the program. Think twice before crossing Jōnins or Kages.

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

I'm like so sleepy- gn folks.

-Cerberus001