Chapter Twenty Six

Sunday morning, Michael was awoken by Daniel crawling into bed next to him. "Where's Daisy?" He asked, cracking his eyes open just enough to look at his brother, who was clearly planning on resuming his slumber.

"She left," Daniel grumbles. "Had work".

"Who gets drunk when they have work the next day?" Michael asked, turning his head to look up at the ceiling. His head hurt a little bit and his mouth tasted like liquor but other than that he felt completely fine.

"Michael, shut up".

Sighing, Michael raised an arm and threw it over his eyes to block out the light. He thought about Daniel and Daisy curled up in his bed the night before and then then them looking at one another right before he had left his bedroom for the night.

Was it weird this morning when she left? Michael wondered. Did they actually end up kissing-

"Oh fuck!" Michael exclaimed loudly as he remembered all the events from the night before, sitting up quickly in bed. In response to his disruption, Daniel shifted just enough to press his foot into Michael's hip and push him hard enough that he fell off the side of the bed, hitting the floor with a thud he was certain had woken Joe up on the other side of the wall.

For a minute, Michael allowed himself to just lay there, thinking about the look on Ian's face the night before when their kiss had parted, and the way he had breathed, "fuck," like their kiss hadn't of been a good thing. Slightly horrified that he had potentially contributed to Ian's already shit week, Michael forced himself off of the floor.

He had to apologize. He had gone too far, had ignored Ian's wish to have everything figured out before anything happened between them. The night before in the kitchen, he had placed his own wants before Ian's, just because Ian had grown more affectionate towards him, letting him get away with holding his hand and quick brushes of fingers above his waist band, and because Ian had been sad lately, and Michael wanted to stop it.

You made it worse, Michael told himself as he left Daniel's room. You made it worse, and you have to go make it better.

That was his plan, and he was going to carry it out immediately, but he was intercepted at the top of the stairs by his younger brother, and they both paused, Kalen standing on the last step, his hed tipped all the way back too meet Michael's eyes. "What are you doing here?" Michael asked and Kalen's eyebrows raised. "I though you were staying at James's".

"I did last night," Kalen confirmed, taking the last step up to the second floor once Michael moved back to give him enough room to do so. "But, you realize it's like, eleven, right?" Michael hadn't. "What's wrong with your eyes? You have really dark circles".

"Ack". Michael raised his hand to press the heel of his palm against his left eye. "Eyeliner".

"Hey, don't rub it". Kalen's hand wrapped around his wrist, pulling his hand back. "You'll just make it worse. Come on". He didn't release his grip, only used it to pull him down the hall and into the bathroom.

"Kalen, what are you doing? I need to-"

"Sit," Kalen instructed, ignoring his protests as he placed his hands on his shoulders and forced him down on the edge of the bathtub, wrinkling the curtain. Knowing Kalen, Michael wasn't about to leave until his brother was finished, so he sighed and watched him get a wash cloth from the cabinet and wet it in the sink. "So, what'd you do last night that involved eyeliner?"

Michael shut his eyes tight when Kalen began to gently wipe the makeup off his face, the washcloth cold against his skin. "We stayed in. Daisy came over with tequila and thought it would be fun for Daniel to put eyeliner on me".