• 08

[HEECHUL'S POV]

It's been hours since the confrontation with Kyunghoon. Last night, my tears won't stop flowing and I needed to take a pill just to fall asleep. I slept for 9 straight hours and when I woke up, I heard a commotion just outside my room.

"Is he not answering his phone?" asked Hodong.

"No, he actually left it here," answered Jang-hoon.

Because of my curiosity, I stood up and wore my slippers despite my very terrible headache. When I opened my door, all eyes immediately fell on me.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

Jang-hoon sighed and handed me Kyunghoon's phone. The air is heavy and everyone seems so worried.

"What is it, everyone? What's the problem?"

"Kyunghoon is . . ." uttered Hodong. But he couldn't get himself to finish the sentence.

My heart was pounding so hard. I have no idea what happened to Kyunghoon but if their faces are like this, it must be something bad.

"What is it? Just tell me what happened," I said with a slightly louder voice. I heard it crack and I felt my hands tremble. But what Su-Geun said next made me feel worried than ever.

"Kyunghoon is missing."

I felt my knees get weak. I almost fell to the floor but thankfully, I managed to hold on to the door beside me.

"He's been missing since last night. And we can't contact him."

I gulped as cold sweat starts dripping down my face. My whole body is now shaking and I felt like my head could explode anytime.

Is it because of me? Did he leave because last night because of the fight that we had? But there's a storm. And the staff said there's a lot of cliffs in the area. What if something really bad happened to him? What will I do? I can't lose him. I can't live without Kyunghoon. I love him.

I gasped at the sudden realization. I couldn't move for a few seconds and everything flashed back.

So that was it. I've been in love with him all this time. That's why I hated to see him with Mina. That's why I don't want to see him so happy with someone else. It's all because I love him.

I raised my head and entered my room again. I picked up a hoodie and wore it. Before I could completely walk out of the ancestral house, Jang-hoon grabbed my arm and stopped me from leaving.

"Where do you think you're going, Heechul-ah," he said with a stern face.

I returned his stare and said, "Let me go."

His grip just became tighter.

"Can't you see that there's still a storm? The team is already preparing to look for Kyunghoon so just let them do it."

"I can't just sit and wait. Kyunghoon may be in danger."

"But if you go out you will be in danger too–"

"I can't lose him, Hyung!" I shouted as my tears began to fall again.

Jang-hoon slowly loosened his hands. His face also became softer. He took a deep breath before finally releasing me.

"Just make sure to come back . . . the two of you," he said.

"Without a scratch," I confidently declared before smiling at him and walking away from the house.

I roamed the nearby areas for hours but found no sign of Kyunghoon. I also looked at local cafes or somewhere he can stay but to no avail. I was starting to think something bad really happened to him until I heard two men talking a few inches away from me.

"I told him he shouldn't but he still went into the woods," said one of them.

"Maybe he's not from here? Because if he is, he will surely know it's dangerous and won't go there," said the other one.

I got a hunch it's Kyunghoon. I immediately approached them and asked what the man they're talking about looks like.

"His hair is kind of disheveled. He's wearing a jacket and oh, I noticed he's kind of crying. I'm not really sure though since it's dark."

Maybe that's Kyunghoon. If it's really him, then he's really in danger.

"Excuse me, can you please tell me which way is the woods?"

"Just go straight there and look for a warning sign," he instructed, pointing his hands to the left.

I ran to the direction he stated and looked for the sign he talked about. It's not difficult since there are only a few pathways here in this town.

When I found an entrance, I didn't hesitate to enter. It was dark and fallen branches are scattered on the floor. The soil is slippery and the wind is blowing violently.

I walked and called for hours but there was nothing but the sound of nature. I was about to lose hope but suddenly, I heard a faint voice coming from a distance. I ran as fast as I can and looking for the origin of the sound.

"Kyunghoon! Min Kyunghoon!" I shouted repeatedly.

It's started to drizzle again. My vision began to get blurry as exhaustion takes over my body. I can feel my legs give up but I can't bring myself to stop running. I must find Kyunghoon. I must bring him back.

"Hyung!"

I stopped as soon as I heard a trembling voice call my name. I looked around me for a few seconds before finally finding Kyunghoon leaning against a tree. I hurriedly ran to him and hugged him tight– tighter than ever before.

He was soaking wet and I can feel his whole body tremble. He slowly raised his arms and wrapped it around me, hugging me back. His tears began to fall and as if the sky felt his emotions, the rain began to fall heavier too.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before I pulled away from him. I placed my hands on his cheeks and slowly pulled his face closer to mine. I gently brushed my lips onto his and began kissing him.

At that moment, the sound of the rain seemed to vanish. The surrounding became invisible and all I could think about is Kyunghoon.

I love him.

˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊ ˚₊✩‧₊
This update took a really long time.
I'm sorry ㅠㅠ
I lost confidence and thought this story
is nowhere near nice. But the comments
gave me motivation huhu ㅠㅠ
So thank you for all of you!
Comments are highly appreciated so
feel free to do it as many times as you like.
Don't forget to vote, comment, and
follow me! See you on the next chapter!

— Love, Elle