Chapter 18

Monday morning, Peter got this feeling. It wasn't his Spidey senses, it was just a feeling. It was the kind of feeling that you got when you were playing a horror game, and there were all these little jumpscares. Maybe a shadow moving across the screen, a broom falling down, a creak on a previously quite staircase. But you knew deep down that the game was just teasing you, luring you into a false sense of security so it could spring the big jumpscares at you. So it could scare the living daylight out of you. All the built up tension from creeping around coming or in one go. But this wasn't a game, much less a horror game, it was real life. But the feeling was there nonetheless. Something big was gonna happen, the bit question, what.

He got ready in his usual rush before getting out the door. He was excited, there was going to be a supply in chemistry today, which was the perfect opportunity to make more of his webs.

When he got to school, he once again found Ned holding a bag of cookies.

"My mom's been on a baking streak lately" he said handing him the bag.

Peter opened it up and found 6 large chocolate chip cookies in it.

"I love your mom, she makes the best cookies" Peter said biting into one.

The two headed into the building towards Peter's locker since Ned had already gone to his.

Once their Peter switched out his books and handed Ned a crude copy of his web formula. Then he pulled out a plastic container which he headed to Ned. The container wasn't very large, it was about the size of a textbook.

"If you can grab the materials from chemistry in the right ratios, that would help me out a ton. I've given you the whole formula on one side if you want to give it a try, but there's also the ratios in the back if you're just collecting" Peter told him.

A few weeks ago Peter had told Ned that he was going to be making more web fluid tomorrow. Ned had asked if he could go with Peter to help him out. It was then that Peter remembered that he had never told Ned where he made his web fluid. After he explained that he did it in class, they had spent the past few weeks going through all the notes Peter had ever made in. In case Ned ever needed to make any in an emergency, he knew how to. But then Peter had realized that if they were careful, that he could have Ned snag extra materials. And that led them to today.

Later that day, as Peter walked into chemistry, he was not disappointed. Sure enough, there was a supply sitting in his teachers usual seat. They were working on study notes for the upcoming test, but Peter had a small stash of materials hidden in the workstation. He had managed to jam the drawers so that only he come open them. To test it, he left a stash of pencils. No one in their right mind would leave the pencils there. And after a few tries, the pencils stopped disappearing entirely. He knew that people in other classes had complained but so far, no one had been able to figure out how to un-jam it without taking the thing apart.

He got to work mixing the beakers together and carefully stirring while counting in his head whe the supply droned on about the properties of nobel gases. Then, he set up the cannisters with the pressurized air to fill his web-shooters.

*****

He walked out of school with a smile on his face. They had both succeeded. Ned hadn't been able to make the fluid because he was worried about it exploding. Which was a definite possibility, even with his latest formula. But now, it was time to patrol.

He went to his usual alley-way and changed into his suit.

It was a good day today. The sun was shining with a chill in the air. He swung around the city feeling free. He helped a few elderly people across the street that day, rescued cats from trees, and stopped a few bicycle thefts.