Outline

__________

Here is an explanation of my inspiration behind each entry, therefore, you as readers will understand the thought process and live it through with me ❤️

7 | Where are you, Father?

This was a little bit different from the style I usually write in. I wanted to almost tell the story in a narrative instead of abstracting it into a poem. But it is still a poem? I've always been grateful for the hard work and effort my parents have put in for me and the rest of my siblings. I wrote this from a perspective of someone else though. I never realised how lucky I was to have my parents there when I was growing up while some others never had that. Thank you for reading, I hope everyone's enjoying winter break. I planned to catch up on sleep so far it's not going to plan, but I'm going to go straight to bed after watching 'Romance Is A Bonus Book' with my sister. It's a K-drama, the fourth one I've watched I believe? It's really nice, and it reignited my love for creative writing a little. You'll love it if you love Literature like me ;))

10 | "He" belongs to the hearts of many girls now 

Any name can be inserted into (He). Every interpretation is different. (He) may covey a stage name that the friend or a family member find difficult to say because they aren't accustomed to it.  A lot of this poem is about those that chose to pursue their dreams and future aspirations at the cost of not being able to see their families for prolonged periods of time to become trainees in the hope to become a singer. There are parts of the kpop industry that I like, however, there are some that I dislike. I was thinking about the fact that all of them have a family. It but it must be hard at times. Especially when it feels like nothing is going well.

I believe the love between a mother and a child is unmatchable in power. Yet, I felt like they are distant in some ways. However, that bond is will never be replaced.  

11 | 'Rester ici'

For any of you that understand french or study french, you'll know that 'rester ici' means 'Stay here' in French. Personally for me, through the first stanza of the poem I wanted to create an image in your minds of what it would be like to have a partner, who your married to and eventually you both became dependant on each other. Hence that love is strongly shared. However, the tone of the poem quickly changes at 'rester ici'. I specifically changed the language here to highlight the drastic change of motive. Domestic abuse is a topic that I see often. It came to my mind once and I thought 'I want to write about this.' I want to write more about it to. Domestic abuse can spiral out of control, the initial motives may have been different too. 

27 | Rich and Famous 

Fucked up one year on to the next - I'm actually restarting Year 12 due to choosing the incorrect subjects. So I'm kind of excited for that.

Losing friends isn't something I thought would happen once success starts to reach you. But it does happen unfortunately, same with jealousy and other things like that. It's only natural.  

I think the rest is self explanatory. The poem is about someone who used me and was ashamed to be seen around me.