chapter eight

JULIEN WOULD HAVE probably stayed at the door and stared at Ellie, unsure of what to say if it weren't for the petite girl who had emerged from behind him, surprising him

One look between him and Ellie's tear stained face, and rage bloomed in the girl's brown eyes as she gasped slightly– almost dramatically.

Before Julien could fully understand what was happening, he had been punched in the face.

Julien clutched his nose– which was definitely bleeding– with a hand and the doorframe with another. With a groan, he hunched over; the pain blinding him for a second.

Damn. For her size, that girl could pack a proper punch.

"Oh my god, what did you do?!" he heard Ellie scream.

Julien was disoriented and still very confused when the girl came at him again. This time, he was quick to stop her by throwing out a hand and stopping her just in time.

Sheer panic made him scream frantically, "Swiper no swiping!"

The girl paused. "What?"

"Why are you punching me, you psycho?! Get away!" Even small movements hurt his nose.

"You want to know why I punched you?!" she screeched back in return and charged at him again.

Julien scrambled backwards in an attempt to get away from her, but Ellie was already there, restraining the girl from doing any more damage.

"Stop!" she yelled again, struggling to hold the little ball of anger back.

"I will make you pay!" the girl screamed at him. "You disgusting cheating piece of–"

"Varsha, stop! He isn't my ex!"

There was a moment of really confused silence before the girl– Varsha– deflated and said flatly, "Oh. I'm sorry, good sir." It didn't sound like an apology. Somehow, she made it sound like an insult even though Julien had done nothing wrong.

"Psycho!"

Varsha merely shrugged.

"Are you alright?" Ellie moved away from her and walked to Julien, touching his hand to get it to move away from his nose. He obliged her, shaking off the feeling he shouldn't have felt at the slight contact.

She pressed her finger onto his nose, and he flinched, hissing through his teeth at the raw pain that he felt. She drew back her finger almost immediately, moving further back towards her bed.

She slid a black suitcase out from under her bed and unzipped it promptly. Julien averted his eyes feeling like looking at what was inside her suitcase would be a violation somehow.

He looked back up when she walked over with a partly transparent box in her dainty hands. It was a first aid kit– why she was roaming around with a first aid kit in her suitcase, Julien didn't know.