Chapter 11

Heyo!

I'm sorry for taking so long to update!

Online school has been a little bit crazy these last few weeks...

Anyway, to make up for it, I'm publishing two chapters today!

AKD

---- ---- ---- ----

The place was empty - and dark.

A pale moon tried to shine over what looked like an abandoned building, halfway built.

Unknow to those passing by, the building was actually purposefully left this way. Inside was the entire headquarters of a feared gang. And on the top floor was the leader's office.

It was past midnight and, thus, every employee was long gone from work or asleep, except for the few guards on watch. Renjun knew that.

Renjun approached the metallic structure of a crane that was next to the abandoned building as silent as a cat and started climbing it without breaking a sweat.

Thanks to his training, he was fast and agile.

He looked around him. He was at the top of the crane.

At some distance, the city laid on the ground, like a constellation of some kind because of all the lights and the street lamps. The wind was blowing stronger at this height. However, Renjun couldn't stay here any longer.

He was on a mission.

Staying close to the edge of the crane, Renjun looked for something, a switch, a door, something that would help him get inside the building.

Thankfully, he didn't have to look for long: he found what looked to be an air vent about the circumference of a basketball.

Renjun took one last look at the crane he was on and the building he had to enter, "Well, it's not like I have any better ideas...this is probably my best shot."

Renjun got down on all fours, and carefully ducked his head inside the air vent. Since the crane he was on was right next to the building, it was easy for him to reach it without being scared to fall.

It didn't take much for his arms and torso to fit through, and soon he was in the building. Breathing a sigh of relief, he began to army-crawl the rest of the way through the tiny space.

"I'm in, Jisung" Renjun addressed the person that was waiting over the earpiece.

"Good job. All we have to do is get into the office now," came the static response.

"On it"

After crawling for what he estimated to be about a half an hour, Renjun's arms were getting sore from rubbing against the tunnel.

Fortunately, there was a small beam of light shining through a vent grade just up ahead. Crawling up to it, Renjun could see a small, empty, dimly-lit hallway.

This is it.

Finally reaching the end, the male waited a few minutes to confirm there was no one in the hallway before he cautiously pushed out the vent grade, and reached one arm out.

Grunting, he used both arms to pull himself forward. Sucking in his breath, Renjun pulled himself to his feet and began to slowly walk down the hallway.

Renjun suddenly became attuned to the sound of footsteps. They were far away, but he still wasn't going to risk getting caught. Turning the corner, he pressed his back to the wall and waited for the person to pass.