Chapter 37: Gross

~Nico~

Percy shoved me outside and told me to go towards the Athena cabin. I groaned and started making my way over there.

"Stupid tux and nasty stuff they sprayed on me. I don't want to make her puke," I muttered.

I was about ten feet from the Athen cabin when Piper ran out. She smiled and ran back into the cabin. Not even a minute later, Lilly stepped out. I stared at her and couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"Whoa," I said.

She smiled at me and I smiled back. She walked over to me and put her hand on my arm.

"You look nice, Nico," she said.

"And you look...whoa!" I replied.

She blushed and looked down. Then she started, like, gagging.

"Gods, Nico! Did you baptize yourself in cologne? Go change! You're gonna make me puke! Gods," she said.

"I didn't do it! Don't yell at me for it! Go yell at the guys that practically dumped it on me!" I replied.

She walked over to the group of our friends and I went to my cabin. I shut the door and took of the jacket, shirt, and pants. I changed into a nice pair of black pants, not really dress pants, but nice pants, and a black dress shirt. I put the red tie back on and put some of my own cologne on. I walked back out to find Lilly still yelling at them.

~Lilly~

"And you look...whoa!" Nico replied.

I blushed and looked down. Then I smelled the strong stench of cologne and started gagging.

"Gods, Nico! Did you baptize yourself in cologne? Go change! You're gonna make me puke! Gods," I said.

"I didn't do it! Don't yell at me for it! Go yell at the guys that practically dumped it on me!" Nico replied.

I walked over to the group of our friends and looked at the guys. They each had a nervous look to them. I heard Annabeth laugh slightly and the girls walked over by me.

"Did you idiots want to make me sick? Did you dump the whole freakin' bottle on him? You're so stupid! Of course you all plan something nice and the guys, of all people, messed it up from the very flippin' beginning! No girl wants to gag over her boyfriend's cologne! Especially not me! I almost threw up! I made him change too, because it's that bad! How stupid can a group of guys be? Dear freaking gods! Are you really trying to make me sick?" I yelled.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Nico coming over to us. I continued yelling at them.

"Some of my best friends try to make my boyfriend smell good and end up making me almost puke! You're not supposed to drown someone in it! You guys are so st-"

I got interrupted by Nico's lips against mine. He put his arm around my neck and shoulders and his other hand on my hip. He pulled back and smiled nervously.

"Better?" he asked.

I smiled. "Much. This is a better look for you anyways."

His face slowly started turning pink. He had changed into a black dress shirt and nice black pants. He still had the red tie on, but he actually smelled good.

"You smell much better too," I said. "If it weren't for those idiots over there, you wouldn't have had to change, but they had to be stupid!" I turned back to our friends. "Now, before I end up punching someone, please tell me what we're doing."

Annabeth stepped forward. "Ok, so we have planned a night with just you and Nico. I'm not telling you exactly what's going on, but please, follow me."

Nico smiled at me and his fingers slipped through mine. Everyone followed Annabeth, and Nico and I trailed behind.

"You look beautiful, Lillian," Nico said.

"Thank you. You're so handsome, Nico. This might actually be fun," I replied.

"Yeah, I hope so. Even just spending time with you is fun. As long as I get to spend the rest of the night with my totally hot girlfriend, I'll be alright."

I giggled. "I have told you so many times that I'm not hot, Nico. We better walk faster. We're way behind."

Nico and I caught up, me almost falling twice because of the shoes. They kept taking us around camp and I'm pretty sure we walked in a huge circle about two or three times.

"You know I meant that as a compliment, right?" Nico asked.

"What as a compliment?"

"You being totally hot. It's a compliment. And that dress makes it even better. I mean, you're like top of the line hot, Lilly."

"Just shut up, Nico," I said, my face feeling warm.

He chuckled. "Whatever."

"Here we are!" Percy said, pointing out to the sand at the beach.