Chapter 61: Nico Gets Sick

~Lilly~

"I love you, Nico di Angelo," I whispered.

"I love you too, Lillian West."

We wiggled back down and we stayed pressed together. I put my hand on Nico's chest and he held me tight. I drifted to sleep and honestly didn't have any dreams. I woke up, still pressed against Nico, but we were both on our sides, pressed together.

I shimmied up some to where my nose was almost touching Nico's. I tilted my head up and kissed his forehead very lightly. His forehead was warm against my lips. I got a better look at him. His usual pale face was bright pink. I felt his cheek, then his forehead. He felt really hot. His eyes fluttered open and he looked at me.

"Morning, Lillian," he said.

"Aww, baby, you're burning up!" I told him.

He smirked. "If I can't call you babe, you can't call me baby. Understood?"

"Whatever. But, Nico, you're really hot!"

"Thanks, Lills."

"Stop it! Are you feeling alright?" I asked.

"Eh. I've been better."

"You're face is pink and it feels like you're on fire. Do you want me to get some ambrosia? I have some with me."

"No. I'm fine."

"Nico di Angelo, you are sick! At least have some nectar. Please? For me?" I pressed.

"Fine."

His voice cracked. Not like the crack guys make when they hit that certain point y'all like to call puberty, but like he was losing his voice. I brushed my hand over his face.

"My poor Nico!" I said.

"Give me the nectar. I know you're gonna make me have some anyways," he replied.

I got out of bed and got into my backpack. I pulled out a small bottle of the honey-like liquid. I sat down beside Nico, who was partially sitting up. I handed it to him and watched him drink some of it. He handed it back to me and I put it down beside the bed.

"I don't feel as weak now," he whispered. "Do you know what would make me feel a little better?"

"What?" I asked, staring into his drooping eyes.

"A kiss."

"I am not kissing you! You are sick and I don't want it!" I stated.

"Please, Lillian?"

I rolled my eyes and leaned towards him. "If I get sick, it's all your fault."

He smiled as my lips touched his. His lips were warm, just like his face. He brushed some hair behind my ear and follow my jawline. I swept my fingers through his messy hair. I pulled away from him.

"Happy?" I asked.

"Very. Thank you!"

"Whatever. What do you want me to get you?"

"Lilly, I'm fine! I'm telling you!"

"No, you're not!"

"Well, you could at least stop treating me like I'm two."

"I'm trying not to. I'm sorry. Are you sure you're ok? No. You're sick. Nico, you are sick. Do you want anything?" I asked.

"No, Lillian! All I want is for you to stay with me all day. We can have the lazy day like we wanted. I don't care. Just, please, stay here with me."