Chapter 10

Re-Read the last chapter if you must, despite it having nothing to do with this one exactly.

Elias stared at Candice. She was good. She was really good. His eyes watched her, hoping to get an answer, to know her next move. She was skilled, but he just had to be better.

"Checkmate," Her voice was soft and giddy as she folded her arms across her chest.

Elias gave up.

"How are you so good at this?" Elias pushed on the table so that his chair could slide backward.

He stood from his seat and went to sit in front of his laptop.

"Midas taught me," She shrugged as she took off her shoes and plopped down on Elias' bed. Elias looked at her shortly before going back to his work.

Candice rolled over on her back and kicked her feet up. She couldn't get over how comfy this bed felt.

They had known each other for about a few weeks and Candice spent more and more days over at Elias' suite, only when his parents weren't there, although they knew of her presence, but had yet to meet her.

Elias was happy that she began to feel comfortable around him over the past few days.

It wasn't long before he heard the sound of his fridge opening. He assumed she got a snack to eat or probably a drink.

It surely wasn't long before he felt her presence directly behind him. "Whatcha doing?" She whispered by his ear. He felt a chill breeze on the shell of it, which confirmed his suspicions that she indeed had something thrilling to drink.

She rested her hands on his shoulders in a friendly gesture, her eyes staring at his laptop screen. She continued, "What subject is this?" It either looked liked History or Social Studies. Candice wasn't quite sure why they had different names since they were basically the same in her opinion.

Elias let out a breath; she was so close to him.

"History," He breathes out. Candice turned to look at the side of his face when she noticed the husk in his tone.

Oh, it sounded so sexy. Her hands on his shoulders tensed, and she stilled her movements after that, and so did he.

"What's it about?" She continued to look at his side profile, her eyes roaming over his sharp jawline.

"The War," He said simply, his jaw clenched. She hums at his response. Her hands grip his shoulders more firmly.

"Tell me about it," She shrugs, her voice remaining soft.

Elias didn't answer, his fingers gripping onto the mouse to save and then minimize the app that he was using. He still didn't move from his position.

"Candice?" He spoke. His hand tightened on the mouse that was in his hold. She didn't respond, but he knew that she was listening, so he continued. "If I were you..." He paused. He slowly spun around his chair so that he now faced Candice who had flushed cheeks and parted lips. He took a firm grip on her chin and released a breath, "I'd go over there and be as far away from me as humanely possible in this room."

Candice trembled at his tone. It was warning and commanding, begging her to be disobedient. But like the good fucking little girl she was, Elias watched her follow his instructions and settled herself on the far end of the bed, her doe eyes staring up at him in question.

Elias ground his teeth together before turning around and opening back up his document and continuing to type relentlessly onto his keyboard.

His jaw locked tighter and tighter with each word he typed. Her scent was still surrounded him in a sweet aroma. He'd never smelled anything like it; it was Candice's smell, simply her.