Chapter 19: Stressed out.

A few weeks after Chris and Leon's proposal, the couples decided to get to work. They had decided to have a double wedding, due to it meaning more to them since the wedding properly introduced two new members to the Redfield family. Jill and Claire had gone together looking for their special dresses and for people to invite out to their hen do, whilst Leon and Chris were working together to plan where the actual wedding was going to take place.
"Where can it be, Chris? I don't want it to be in something like a bar. Also, not a canal since Jill can sometimes get sea sick." he sighed, looking at Chris defeated. He hadn't expected this sudden mood to come out of him. He wanted everything perfect for all of their wedding days and he wanted to make sure they all went well. He wanted to make sure everything was done right, down to the tiniest detail. He knew Jill and Claire would be able to sort out the dresses they were going to wear and what not, but he felt obliged to tell them where they were getting married. He didn't want to hide it- what if it wasn't good enough?

"You're doing it again, Leon."
"Doing what, Chris?"
"Scratching your hand. The back of your right one to be precise."
"No I'm not." he stopped, hiding his right hand as he felt the all too familiar rash begin to irritate him. Chris rolled his eyes, before going to get a drink. He brought in two glasses of lemonade and two glasses of whiskey. Leon looked at it, raising his eyebrow at him.
"Bit early for alcohol, don't you think?"
"Dude, it's only half four! We can have one drink and do this. Besides, what can one tiny glass of whiskey do?"
"Maybe make us want to drink more whiskey?"
"Oh, come on Leon. You're stressed to high hell. Let me help you. Besides, it might do your weird rash some good." he offered the glass, making Leon roll his eyes, before he took it.
"To being stressed out?"
"To being stressed out."

"Oh, come on, Claire. What can one glass of wine do? Barely anything! Besides, we need a break from all the stuff we've been stressing about recently."
"Yeah, I know. But, I just can't stop thinking about how stressful it will be. Sure, we're having a double wedding, but what if we don't want a big audience? We'll probably be taking up a big space for no reason!"
"Claire, calm down. Everything will be sorted when time comes to it. We're still doing our plans tomorrow, right?"
"Going dress shopping, before asking our selected girls to go out with us the next day to go and pick out their dresses? Yes, we're still doing that."
"That's my girl! Still going even though life gets tough. As the saying goes, when the going gets tough-"
"The tough get going"
"The tough get going." the girls giggled at their unison, before Claire finally gave in, accepting the one glass of wine.

"Hey, Chris, what about this place?"
"What place?" he leaned over Leon's shoulder, looking at the image the man held. After they got married to their respective fiancées, they would be going somewhere after to properly celebrate. They wanted someplace nice and Leon might have found it. It was a tall building, old looking but it had been recently renovated to be up to date. It had a small bar and a big dance floor, with lots of surrounding tables. They had glass doors which opened up into an outside area, full of flowers and a nearby area full of horses. 
"That looks nice."
"Does Jill even like horses? Does Claire, for that matter?"
"Leon, since Claire was little, all she wanted was a pet horse. Trust me, if she can pet one of those things, she'll be happy. Jill too. She loves them. Especially Shires."
"Maybe we could bring it up to them later when they get back?"
"Sure. Second glass of whiskey in toast to finally finding a venue?"
"Sure. Hand it over."

"How do you think they've got on?"
"Knowing Chris, he's probably got Leon drunk on the floor, laughing his ass off at something stupid Chris said. He probably gave up, got bored, pulled Leon with him and they're now drunk, talking out their arse." They walked to the door, putting the keys in the lock, before hearing muffled voices from inside.
"Huh. Maybe they didn't give up." Jill opened the door, being greeted by Chris pulling her into a tight hug. Leon shut the door after them, locking the door with Jill's key, before giving Claire a kiss and a hug.
"So, how was your shopping trip?"
"Ehh, it was average. How was your venue hunt?"
"Stressful. But, we found one you might like. Care to take a look?"
"Enlighten me."

"So, what do you think? I'm pretty sure the owners of the horses won't mind it if you pet them, but only if they come to us. The revenue said they would be pretty happy to have us there."
"Well, I think it's lovely. I would definitely go there. Maybe we should do something unusual and y'know, come back here, get dressed into normal clothes and go back?"
"Sure, if you want. I don't want to be wearing my wedding dress all night." 
"Then, we'll do that. Now, let's drink our stresses away!"