CHAPTER TWO

-AMIKO'S POV-

I smiled at the women as I gave her her cash and receipt back. She walked to the side waiting for her food and I looked over at Nia who was too into her phone.

"Miko, come get this." Mack told me and I did as told grabbing the tray of food and taking it to the women. She smiled and I walked off. Standing behind the counter, I fidgeted with my nails before I heard Mack call my name again. Turning around, I raised a brow.

"How's Nana?" He asked and i smiled. Mack always asked about my grandma. I was starting to think he had a crush on her. My grandma was in her middle 50's. My grandma was good looking for her to be at an older age.

My grandma had a body that no other older women had and I think that's where my mom got it from. I guess I got it now because Nia tells me my body is out of this world.

"She's good Mack. I'll tell her you asked about her." I said and I heard the bell from the doors ring. Since Mack was still talking, i didn't turn around yet.

"Yes do that." He spoke and i nodded with an innocent smile. Turning on my heels with a smile, it quickly went away when I faced him. To him, he could say that it looked like I seen a ghost.

Knowing I was staring at him weirdly, I nervously smiled before tucking my hair behind my ear. Something I always did when I was nervous.

"Uh. Um. What can I get you today?" I asked as I looked down at the computer making sure not to make eye contact with him.

"Lemme get a spicy chicken sandwich, a large fry and some chicken nuggets with a water." His deep raspy voice spoke which sent chills down my spine.

"Um, is that it?" I asked as I finally brought my head back up and he was staring at me with this unreadable look. Looking away nervously, I cleared my throat snapping him out of his trance.

"My bad ma, what you say?" He asked and this time, it was me that was staring to long. This is so embarrassing.

"I said is that it." I spoke up and he nodded before taking out a wad of cash. He handed me a $50 dollar bill and told me to keep the change.

"Oh no. The price is just $13.43" I spoke and he shook his head.

"Nah ma, keep it." He said and i stared at him waiting for him to say give me my change back but he didn't. I sighed before putting the change in my vest pocket.

I handed him his receipt and he walked away and another guy stood up. Taking his order and after him paying, I gave him his receipt before he walked away as well. I looked over at Nia who was grinning at me and i shyly looked away.

I knew she was gonna clown me after my shift and I wasn't gonna hear the end of it. The fact that I seen my crush and I stood there and made a clown of myself, I grew irritated but I couldn't show it.

Mack sat two tray's of food beside me and i looked at the number before calling it out.

"36!" I called out and I watched him get up and walk over. His eyes never left mine and as he got closer, I saw nothing but darkness but I knew it was some sweet in there.

"Thanks ma." He said and i nodded with a obnoxious smile and when he walked away I palmed my face. This shit has to stop.

"Your on break." Mack said and I nodded as I walked to my locker and I grabbed my phone out before walking back to Mack.

"You know what I want." I smiled and he nodded. I walked to the booth Nia was sitting at before sliding in on the opposite side.

"How you feel?" Nia smirked and I rolled my eyes. This smirk she had plastered on her face was throwing me off because I was trying to keep this straight face on.

"I feel normal." I lied straight threw my teeth and I don't even know why because I knew she knew that I was lying.

"Yeah okay. Miko I know you. You can't keep anything from me." She said and I waved her off.

"Ian gone lie, I was nervous. I mean he's my crush and the way he stared at me made my skin crawl with fear but then again, it felt good but I was too nervous to stare back."

"Somebody got their panties wet!" Nia squealed and I quickly almost jumped across the booth and covered her mouth. You couldn't tell her anything.

"Stop Nia. I'm not telling you anything else." I said as Mack walked over with my food. Nia took a couple fries off my plate and for the rest of my break, we just talked about nothing.

-BENJI'S POV-

"Yo who is shorty?" Brandon asked pointing to the dark skinned girl that sat across from us in another booth with shorty from the counter.

"Ion know nigga. Go find out." I said and he scoffed before hopping on his feet and making his way over there. By the looks of the girl, she looked like she wasn't about to tolerate Brandon's lil spit he did to all these females.

Sitting back, I watched him about to get rejected. They were talking and next thing you know, Brandon was walking back over with a mug. I began laughing and he mushed my head which made me stop.

"Don't get mad at me because she rejected you." I said and he sipped from his cup.

"Man fuck you and that bitch!" He said loudly and it wasn't anyone inside but us and the two girls. The dark skinned girl snapped her head our way before looking back at her friend.

"Awe shit." I mumbled as I watched her walk over but her friend was trying to hold her back. I did not feel like seeing my brother kill two females.

"What you call me?" She asked as she put her hands on her hips. Brandon looked at me before looking back at shorty.

"Umm, a bitch." He said and she sucked her teeth. I knew she was finna give his ass a piece of her mind.

"Nah baby. Ya momma sholl raised one." She said looking at him and at this point, I jumped in.

"Aye, Chill." I stood over them and the light skinned girl from the counter looked up at me. I knew she was the total opposite of her friend by the way she was looking at me.

"Nia it's okay. Let's go." She said as she tried pulling her away but "Nia" wouldn't budge.

"Bruh you better get her." Brandon said as he continued to eat.

"Look, we don't want no problems. I apologize for my brothers actions." I spoke and she looked at me before looking at her friend.

"Tell your brother to watch his mouth!" She spat and her friend dragged her to the back. I couldn't believe I apologized but just know the shit wasn't sincere. I was actually sparing them because I didn't wanna blow their shit in Mack's. This my favorite place to eat. I'll be damned.

"Man bring yo ass." I said walking out. All this shit just because he got rejected from pussy. I hopped in my truck before starting it. Brandon got in before closing the door.

"Shorty lucky." He said and i shook my head as my eyes drifted to the two girls walking out. As I watched them, I couldn't take my eyes off one.