CHAPTER NINE

-AMIKO'S POV-

I wiped down the counters before throwing the wash cloth in the sink. Today I was off from work and I was just gonna be chilling at home. I'm gonna stay home and watch after my grandma. If she lets me.

She's been tryna get me out with Nia for the longest but I always say no. As I closed one of the cabinets that was opened, my grandma walked in.

"Mack coming over so I want you to gone on with Nia." My grandma smiled and I crossed my arms shifting on a hip as I smirked at her.

"Why he coming over here?" I asked and she pointed at me with a playful glare.

"Grown folks business. So gone." My grandma said and I laughed. I decided to go over Nia's house. I slipped on some fur slides before fixing my hair up in a messy bun.

I was dressed in some grey joggers and a white crop top but I was gonna cover it up with a hoodie. Looking down at my white toes, I looked back up. I grabbed my phone before walking out.

"Okay love you Nana." I said as I kissed her cheek. She smiled before hugging me tightly.

"Love you more baby." She said and I walked to the door and once I opened it, there stood Mack with some flowers in his hand.

"Mack." I gave him a head nod and he pulled me in for a hug.

"Where's your grandma?" He asked and I pointed towards the living room. He nodded and I moved out the way before letting him in.

I turned on my heels before remembering I needed to take the trash out. Grabbing the trash out the trash can, I tied it before waving bye to Mack and my Nana.

Walking outside, I made sure to check my surroundings. It's been a few days and I've seen trucks, and men looking at me or "watching" me.

I jump at everything. Even my grandma's touch and she's starting to notice my weirdness. I walked to the side of the house before throwing the trash in the trash can outside.

As the top closed, I felt a hand touch my shoulder which caused me to jump and hold my heart once I noticed it was just Benji. He gave me a weird look and I smiled. I didn't wanna worry him at all.

It's my first time seeing him since we had a lil conversation at Subway.

"Wassup Miko." He said and i smiled. I tucked my hair behind my ear and he chuckled. I don't know why but I always get nervous around him.

"What's funny?" I asked and he shook his head.

"You must tuck you hair behind your ear when your nervous." He said and I giggled.

"Yeah. Found something out about me." I said and he chuckled. I looked around before I saw his car. I was confused at how he found out where I lived.

"How did you know where I lived?" I asked and he shrugged.

"When you interested in somebody you go looking for em right?" He said and i sucked my teeth with a smirk.

"Now yeen known me that long." I said and he shrugged.

"So. What was you getting into anyway?" He asked and i shrugged.

"Just Nia's house. My grandma wants me to get out sooo.." I trailed off and he nodded.

"Well you wanna chill with me?" He asked and I hesitated. I didn't wanna be all up on him so I decided not to. Besides, he probably had things to handle anyway.

"Nah. Imma chill. I don't wanna be all up on you." I said and he smacked his lips before grabbing my hand and walked me to his car. I just still couldn't believe that my crush was talking to me.

-BENJI'S POV-

I pulled off down the street when I looked over at Amiko. By the looks of it, I knew she was shy and nervous around me and I didn't get why. I knew once we hung around each other everyday she'll loosen up and get use to me.

These few days I've been busy with the warehouse and my siblings stupid actions, shit just been hell. Kairo and Pierre ass got suspended from school for cussing at their teachers and not following instructions so now when I'm at home, their at home with me.

All them just getting out of hand. Me and Jayla still ain't been talking and I don't give a fuck. I know she my sister and all but if she wants respect from me, she gotta earn that shit because the actions she making is making her loose my respect. AND, she needs to respect me if she wants it back.

"Where was you tryna go?" I asked Amiko and she shrugged.

"It's up to you. And I wanted to give you something." She said and i raised a brow. I knew her ass wasn't finna pull out no fucking ring. That was a joke.

She pulled out her wallet before sitting the 20 in my cup holder. I smirked at her before shaking my head laughing.

"That was for you ma." I said and she shook her head.

"Benji I don't want your money okay? You need to keep it." She said and I sighed before ending the conversation with an okay.

I pulled up outside this Ice Cream shop and I watched a smile grow on her face.

"I'm starting to think you love ice cream." I said and she chuckled.

"That's because I do. That's the best." She said and I opened her door and she got out. We walked inside the ice cream shop and I instantly regretted it once I saw one of my hoes inside.

I scratched the back of my head as I watched her look over her shoulder and she noticed me. She turned around with a mug as her eyes drifted to Amiko.

"So this why you ain't been answering my calls?" She asked as she pointed at Amiko. Amiko stared at her blankly and like I said before, I knew she wasn't into all the fighting.

"Look Tessa, you know what the deal is. Stop acting like you don't know." I said and Amiko just stared at her.

"Bitch is you fucking him?" Tessa asked Amiko and she looked at me. Amiko looked back at Tessa before shaking her head. Tessa was really embarrassing herself doing this in a Ice cream shop where all these white people were.

"Look I don't want no problems. Me and Benji are just friends so what ever problems you have with him, you speak with him. In private." Amiko said and I rolled my eyes.

"Nah. Tessa you know you community pussy and to me you was just a quick nut a few times. Now gone with all that talking like I'm yo nigga because I'm fasho not. That been over." I said and Tessa crossed her arms as she shifted to one hip.

"This not over! Benji you know what it is between us. Don't you forget and you is still my man." Tessa said as she walked out the ice cream shop.

Amiko stared at me before shaking her head and walking up in the line. I don't know why, but I was slick scared that she was gone yell at my ass but why? It wasn't like we were talking or together.

I think I knew why I was scared though. Maybe because I was tryna fuck with her. When I seen her, I thought she was just a quick fuck but now, I'm starting to see she not that type of girl and she not into that. I gotta see her for what she is and that ain't one of these hoes around here.