one

Rodimus sat curled up next to his conjunx, Thunderclash, and sighed. 

"Something wrong, Roddy?" The larger mech looked down at the speedster with a questioning face.

"No. No," Rodimus let out a half-hearted laugh. "Everything is great! That's actually what I was thinking about..."

Thunderclash raised a brow but stayed silent, letting Rodimus continue.

"This whole ship, it's just. I'm happy, you know? I feel like I have a family here." The red mech looks away from his conjunx. 

"...I'm proud of what this whole crew has done, that's all." He played with Thunderclash's hands as he spoke--'Clash had taken Rodimus' hands in his own earlier. "It's comforting. I didn't know it would be like this. I don't want to drag Nyon into this but Pit, I didn't think I could ever feel like I was so connected to people again, y'know?"

Thunderclash leaned down and kissed Rodimus' helm, thumb rubbing comfortingly over the speedster's knuckles.
Softly, the larger mech whispered into the other's helm, smiling. "Yeah, I know."

---------------------------------

Getting used to actually working with the Autobots was strange, if Starscream was going to be completely honest. There was hardly any yelling (save for when the twins fought, or Wheeljack blew something up) and never a fight that he was sent to break up.

It was... Peaceful. Uncomfortably so. Being used to the brutality of the Decepticon army, it wasn't uncommon that he would flinch from a friendly pat on the back, or online his forearm blasters – if he felt threatened enough – awkward and uncomfortable apologizing from both parties following, of course.

Though if there was one good thing that happened thanks to his defecting, besides finally not coming home, protoform bruised and wires tasseled after wrangling with Megatron -- it would be Skyfire.

---------------------------------

Sandstorm sat with a fat smile plastered onto his face as he watched his boyfriend howl with laughter on the floor, was it really that shitty a joke?

"Oh, Primus, 'Stormy, never tell me anything like that again." Octane rubbed at an optic with one of his fingers, wiping away a little coolant. "That was terrible."

"Was it?" Sandstorm feigned innocence. "From the way you were laughing, it doesn't look it."

"Don't be a slagger, just come here." Octane grinned and stretched out his arms, making grabbing motions at his partner, and firmly trapping Sandstorm in a full body lock when he complied.

---------------------------------

Optimus gently held Ironhide's hand under the table, causing the red mech to scoff. It was kind, secretive, and so sappy like their leader always was. Still, he couldn't hold back the small smile that curved on the corner of his mouth.

---------------------------------

"Quit moving around, mech," Wheeljack teased at Starscream as they worked on their latest invention together.

"Maybe it'd be easier for me and my 'fat wings' to move around if you guys would just slagging invest in making this place a little bigger." Starscream scoffed. "Plus, maybe you'd be able to fit Skyfire here if you did. He's pretty damn helpful you know."

Wheeljack let out a little laugh. "I mean, you're not wrong but," he gestured at the door. "We barely have anyone here who can build that well. Besides Grapple and Hoist, and those two are definitely not enough."

Starscream sighed in friendly defeat, being used to their banter now. "I suppose that's fair." He crossed his arms. "It's a shame we don't have the Constructicons on our side."

Wheeljack's eyes crinkled in a grin.

Starscream looked at the other scientist, puzzled. "What?"

"Maybe, just maybe, if I made the Dinobots.. Maybe I can make us some constructicons too!"

Starscream mumbled. "And have another incident?" He pointed a finger at Wheeljack's mask, poking it. "Don't think I didn't hear about what went down when I was with the Decepticons." Starscream frowned. "I don't think so. Let's just stick to... Guns.. For now."

From the door, they could hear Perceptor and Brainstorm hiding their giggles.
Wheeljack just smiled and shook his head.