Chapter 6 - Two Eggs (1)

Cheng Huan wasn't into reading novels. She only flipped through this particular one a little bit because it was recommended by one of her girlfriends, and the female supporting character, who had the same name as her, was too awful and was always able to muck things up so she wanted to see how bad it could get.

The male lead of the novel lost his father at an early age and took over the extensive family business in his twenties. But as he was too young to earn respect from the others, he was kicked aside by some of the "elders" for a few years.

The male lead laid low for a while and pretended he was a no-good, rich second-generation playboy. Once he was ready, he got rid of everyone who stood against him with lightning speed and became the sole power in his corporate empire.

During the few years that he was laying low, many had plotted against him. There were nonstop strings of people sent by others to get close to him, to seduce him, and wanted nothing but to drag him into an abyss that he'd never be able to get out of.

It was because of those experiences that he had lost faith in others and was not even able to be honest and sincere with his own mother.

That's when the female lead got closed to him. According to the novel – she was naïve but not stupid, kind but not blind. She burned her way into the male lead's heart like a wildfire.

The two of them underwent many obstacles, from the family objecting the two of them being together, to the muddling of the female supporting character, to the second male lead trying to get the female lead, to the male lead's corporation being at risk. They have arguably gone through every cliché idea one could find in novel history before the two could finally be together toward the very end of the book.

And the name of the villainess female supporting character who tried to fight over the male lead with the female lead was Cheng Huan.

In the novel, Cheng Huan set the male lead up and had a one-night stand with him. She got pregnant and gave birth to the child, but oddly, did not go looking for the male lead for him to do his fatherly duties.

This lasted until the female supporting character ran into male lead inadvertently when she attended a banquet with her employer. She noticed that everybody there was trying to kiss up to this man and got ideas again. She dumped the employer that she had spent some time to secure and sought out the male lead with her son in tow.

The male lead wasn't young anymore, and his mother has been pining to have a grandchild so she kept the child after receiving the DNA test result.

Even though the male lead's mother kept the child, she still has the deeply-rooted values of the class system. She didn't care for the female lead, who came from a regular family, and definitely not the female supporting character who gave birth to a child out of wedlock and would under no circumstances allow her to move in with them.

The female supporting character's goal was to become the wife in a prestigious family so no way she'd consent to just letting them take the child away from her. Seeing that the male lead's mother's angle was a flop, she took her child away again but would use the child missing his father as an excuse and brought him to the male lead's office on a regular basis.

By then, the female lead already had feelings for the male lead, and this situation broke her heart repeatedly and made her sad all the time outside of work.

A male supporting character at the office, who had feelings for the female lead, couldn't allow his goddess to be sad, so he'd always try to stand between the male lead and the female supporting character when she came to visit. He even told her in private that the male lead had already found someone, and they were about to get married.

That had infuriated the female supporting character. She impulsively busted into male lead's office and wanted to find out the truth.