Chapter 8 - Brushing His Teeth Is A Big Deal (1)

After dinner, Cheng Huan had XingXing wait a bit before going to bed while she looked for some clothes for the little kiddo to put on.

XingXing's room was quite small and couldn't fit a closet. All his clothes were strewn on the bed.

Cheng Huan put up with the sickening feeling and carried out the pile of clothes. She wanted to see if there was anything in there that he could put on.

Most of the clothes were old and dirty. The smell of sweat mixed with the musky smell for being left inside the room with no ventilation made her feel nauseated. A small portion of them looked to have been washed but still didn't seem all that clean.

Cheng Huan dug through all of the clothes and finally found a set that looked half new. She shoved all the rest into a bag and planned to throw them all out. Carrying the set that she had, she went and washed it one more time.

Summer nights were warm, and the clothes could be dried overnight. Cheng Huan dried her hands and planned on taking the little kiddo to the mall tomorrow.

Get him a few sets of clothes. They would also need to find a new place. This area was awful. The rooms were small and the neighbors questionable.

On the same floor as them, there's one household with domestic violence and two others fighting daily over their divorce. The little kiddo was very scared every time they fought. The original owner didn't care about it, but Cheng Huan couldn't overlook that. This was no environment to raise a child.

Preferably, they could find a place with a kindergarten nearby. XingXing was already 4 years old, and it's time to start school. She needed to look for a decent kindergarten for his safety's sake.

A somewhat decent kindergarten was expensive. Thinking about the original owner's pathetic saving, Cheng Huan let out a long sigh.

They were so poor!

Cheng Huan, still worrying over how poor they were, went to take a shower. She had gone through so much in one night and been running around nonstop. Her head was throbbing. She could at least take the opportunity to calm down a little while she was showering.

Cheng Huan felt much better after her shower. She massaged her temples and dried her hair with the hair dryer and finally walked back into her bedroom after she was done with the necessary skin care.

XingXing was still awake. He was sitting up in bed, facing the door. He called her mom again when he saw her walking inside.

"Why are you still up?" Cheng Huan walked over and turned the air-conditioning up a little. She adjusted her pillow and bluffed, "You need to go to bed early, else it will be difficult to grow taller."

"Mom." The little kiddo's eyes sparkled. "Am I sleeping with you?"

"Of course you are sleeping with me. You are still a baby and can't sleep alone." Cheng Huan had the little kiddo laid down and pulled the thin blanket over him.

"But I have always slept by myself." XingXing laid flat on the bed and pouted at Cheng Huan.

"The past is the past. From now on, you will be sleeping with me." He was so young. What happened if he banged himself up when he got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night?

Cheng Huan felt that there was so much to worry about. She laid down in bed, turned the light off, rolled over and said to XingXing, "You will be sleeping alone after you have grown up."

"When will I grow up?"

"When you start grade school."

A soft body snuggled up to her in the dark and something wrapped around her arm. A milky voice that could only belong to a child said, "Then, mom, I don't want to grow up. I want to always sleep with you."

"Silly."

Cheng Huan smiled and rubbed him on his head. She pulled her arm out and pulled him into her arms.

A child's body temperature was higher than that of an adult. Cheng Huan felt that she was hugging a heater. But since she had the air-conditioning on, the temperature was still tolerable.

She looked down, planted a kiss on the little fuzzy head, and said, "Now go to sleep. Goodnight, XingXing."

"Goodnight to you too, mom."