Chapter I- Project: Freelancer

Agent Delaware fell to the floor on his back. Standing over him in triumphant victory was Freelancer Agent Number One, Agent Carolina.

Carolina has agreed to spar with Delaware to sharpen his skills in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"You're dropping your shoulder on your right hook." She stated, holding out a hand to help Delaware up.

"I know." Delaware groaned as he took Carolina's hand. The two shared a chuckle before an announcement came over the P.A. System.

"Agent Delaware to the bridge, please. Agent Delaware to the bridge."

Carolina arched an eyebrow, and Delaware shrugged before stating "Shouldn't keep The Director waiting."

As Delaware roamed the halls of the UNSC Warship Mother of Invention, he couldn't help but marvel at the view of space out the windows. He must have drifted off, because he was tapped on the shoulder by his fellow freelancer, Agent North Dakota.

"Earth to Del?" North said, waving a hand in Delaware's face.

"Huh? What?" Delaware mumbled before looking at his friend.

North's blonde hair and green eyes, Del noticed, contrasted with his own black hair and blue eyes.

"Ya still with us?" North joked.

"Funny." Del scoffed. "The Director asked for me."

"Well, what are standing around for?" North said with a laugh.

Suddenly realizing he was running late, Del made for the bridge.

Before he entered the room, he slipped on the helmet of his Centurion Spartan armor.

As he entered, he gave a crisp salute to the director and counselor of Project: Freelancer.

"Director. Counselor. Sirs." Del said, standing at rigid attention.

"Hello, Agent Delaware." The Counselor said with a smile. The Counselor has a soft yet resonate voice. He was holding a datapad, as per usual.

The Director turned to face Delaware. "At ease, Agent." The Director has a subtle Southern accent to his firm voice.

Del relaxed his posture slightly and put his hands behind his back.

"The Insurrection threat is growing more and more each day, Agent Delaware."

Del felt the feelings of old rage bubble up inside him at the sound of the people who had destroyed his home and left him alone without anyone or anything.

"We need to start utilizing every advantage we have."

"Respectfully, sir," Del said, tilting his head slightly, "Please elaborate."

The Counselor spoke on The Director's behalf.

"Agent Delaware, we want to give you an AI."
________________________________

A/N: Ooooh. Interestingly interesting. I have a lot of good ideas for this story. Please enjoy! Until the next one, everybody!