HOUSE OF CARDS-2/3 *A JK FF*

At 3am i heard her blabbering something in sleep," dont go

At 3am i heard her blabbering something in sleep," dont go. Please dont go." I held her tight to my chest and rocked her back and forth to calm down. She was shivering, i put some more woods in the fire and stood up, she held my hand," please dont go."

"I am going nowhere." I looked at her face, she was sleep talking,eyebrows twened together. She must be dreaming bad. I heard some noise outside so there must be someone around here.

I called out if anyone is here, an old man came," dear child what are you doing here in this cold night." A man in his 70's walked slowly to me. He looked at sleeping khushi," oh lord. You both must be dying from cold.I must get you something to cover." He ran inside his hut and came with a blanket," child take this. My wife is making something hot to drink. Are you hungry too?"he asked.

I looked at her sleeping ," no i think a warm cup will do." He smiled and sometime later his wife brought kahwa to drink. I took it to her and holding her head in my lap i whispered her name," khushi."

She didnt respond," i called again," khushi. Happiness. Smiley. Miley. Mili." I dont know how many names i called playfully.

"Wake up mili, it will get cold. Drink it and sleep again." She moved a bit, i helped her to sit. She took the cup in her hand and smiling she said," my mother calls me that."

"What?" I asked confusingly.

"The name you said, mili." She sipped," she used to tell me she found her happiness in me, so it's mili." I looked away smiling, she heard everything. Thank god I didn't say anything else.

After sipping kahwa she shifted closer to me and adjusting herself on me again she placed her head on my chest and closed her eyes," thanks for taking care of me." The snow has stopped falling,I embraced her in my arms and put the blanket on us, drifting into sleep.

We were woke up by the rescue team in the morning. Dad came running to me," kook-ah are you fine?"

"Yeah dad i am good. Meet mili, i m-mean khushi." I stuttered introducing her.

Dad pulled both of us for a hug and whispered," thank god you both are safe. I was dead worried about it." She turned her head to look at me smiling, tears in her eyes.

—————/////—————/////—————

"I told you to stop teasing my son." Mom looked at me," by the way, kookie i want to see her. Your dad told me she was beautiful."

"Mom please. Stop it you both already. I am going to college."

"He is learning to help others Maya. Thanks to that hansi." He intervened.