Kyo x Tohru (Fruits Basket)

Crepuscular rays gleamed through the glass windows of Kyo and Tohru's bedroom. Kyo's eyes cracked open, realizing he's now awake. "Ugh.." He groaned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. The orange haired man turned to see his wife, Tohru, sleeping peacefully. "Tohru's not up?" He thought to himself. She's usually the first one to be awake and prepare breakfast for everyone, but I guess not today. Kyo looked up to read the time on the analog clock, silently ticking and echoing throughout the room. "6:10, huh.." He mumbled to himself, gazing at Tohru. Kyo smiled softly, and decided to make breakfast since she was sleeping so soundly. Trying not to make any noise, he carefully climbed out of the king-sized bed and opened the door, making a rather slight creaking sound. 

   Kyo opened the fridge and decided to make some miso soup with steamed rice, vegetables such as broccoli and carrots, salmon, and some nattō as well. After all, he is a pretty great cook. Chop, chop, chop was all that was heard from the kitchen, as he sliced the carrots and cubified the tofu. 15 minutes pass by, and he's done the miso soup. He proceeds to cook the rice in the super-cool-and-awesome talking rice cooker and fry the salmon, which causes a lot of steam. "Gosh, does Tohru go through this every damn day? The steam is unbearable.." Kyo sighed. Another 15 minutes pass and the rice was done, but the salmon was still cooking. 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes pass... "Hurry up you goddamn salmon or I'll kil-" Oops. Kyo forgot that his kids might hear him, and he doesn't want to expose them to such language. He sighed, but suddenly heard the door to the kitchen slide open slowly. "Otou-san? Why are you cooking and not Okaa-san?" His daughter, Aiki, questioned.

"Aiki? It's only 6:50, why are you up?"  

"I heard you saying mean things to Mr. Fish.." 

"E-err.." Kyo stuttered, scratching the back of his head. "Otou-san, I think you should say sorry to Mr. Fish! That might've hurt his feelings, you know." Aiki said, scolding her dad. "Fine, fine. Have it your way.." Kyo turned to the fried pieces of salmon and bowed awkwardly. "Sorry Mr. Salmon, I deeply apologize for saying mean things to you." Kyo muttered. "Good job Otou-san! I do have to say, Mr. Fish looks VERY, very tasty.." She exclaimed, licking her lips. Her father chuckled to her comment and smiled.

 "Mr. Fish isn't done cooking. I'll call you when it's done, so go play, okay?"

"Okay, Otou-san!"

Finally, after a couple of minutes it was FINALLY cooked. Kyo carefully put each dish in several separate bowls to complete it. The clock read exactly 7:00 AM, so no doubt that his two sons would come down soon. "Breakfast is ready!"

Moments after Kyo called out that breakfast was ready, the sounds of the racing footsteps down the stairs became louder and louder. "I WIN!" Yosuke, the second born son screamed out excitedly. "Jeez, I wasn't even trying to beat you. Stop racing down the stairs too! You might trip over or something.." Hajime, the oldest, scolded while calmly coming down the stairs. "Good morning Oka.... Otou-san?! Where's Okaa-san?" Hajime asked, surprised. "Jeez, that's no way to greet your Otou-san. However, Okaa-san is upstairs sleeping. She's really tired, so don't interrupt her, okay?" Kyo answered calmly. "Listen to your Onii-san too, Yosuke!"  

"Whatever. Thanks for the meal!" Yosuke said, following Hajime and Aiki. Kyo leaned on the counter, wondering if Tohru is okay and if she overworked herself. Abruptly, he heard the door slide open. "Kyo.. You made all this?" Tohru said, smiling with her eyes beaming. Kyo's eyes widened. He sees her everyday, yet she always looks perfect every time.

"Good morning, Tohru."

A.N: Sorry this wasn't really focused on Kyo's and Tohru's relationship, but this is my first story okay? :( I hope you enjoyed this story, and I really appreciate any feedback or comments!