Annabeth II

My day was going pretty well. I mean I hadn't gotten rid of the guilt yet but other than that my day was fine. Piper had finished her daily attempt to cheer me up and I was sitting next to the ocean. Poseidon must have been thinking about him too because the ocean was his favorite sea-green color. While I loved it, it also made me sad.

It had been a little over 2 years since he went missing, while not even Poseidon blamed me, I knew it was my fault. I didn't think he would go and get himself killed, but then he was him.

I sat there for a while remembering the old times. I almost wished that there would be another Titan war. Then when I saved Olympus I could wish to travel back in time and stop him from running off and freakin' getting himself killed.

Rachel walked up.\

"Um, Annabeth."

I nodded as a reply.

"We kinda need you," she said sheepishly.

"Why?"

"An unknown god and a hooded demi-god have appeared right outside the border asking to speak with the camp leaders."

I gave her a sad look before getting up and following her to Half-Blood Hill.

The campers had gathered but had stayed on the camp side of the border, the two visitors were lounging in the soft grass. One was in ancient armor and had the olive complexion most Greek gods and demi-gods had. He was defiantly a god and a powerful one, but not one I'd ever seen. The other wore a dark colored cloak, it was the color that looked black sometimes, dark blue others, and even a dark purple at other times. The cloak covered all of him. The only viewable parts of his body was his mouth and neck. At the moment his hands were placed behind his head so you could see that he was wearing a long sleeved shirt. It was a dark blue, but that was all I could see.

The two seemed to be having a friendly conversation.

"We can't find Chiron so I was sent to get you," Rachel whispered in my ear.

I fingered the ivory sword at my side then took a deep breath and walked up to the pair.

"How does it feel to be back?" the god asked the demi-god.
"It's only been five minutes," the demi-god shot back.

That voice!

No, don't you dare!

I cleared my throat. The demi-god shot to his feet like his pants were on fire. The god simply turned his head slightly to look at me.

"Are you a camp leader?" he sounded very bored.

I hesitated, I hadn't been much of a leader the past two years.

"That depends on who's asking," I said, thankful that my voice was calm and controlled.

"Very well, my name is Chaos, nothing more," he gave a dark look to the demi-god who tried to cover up a chuckle, it didn't work.

"Wait Chaos, as in the creator of everything?" I asked, my voice rising in octave.

"Call me the Great Creator and you will have never existed," Chaos said darkly.

Tread easy girl, was my only thought.

"My name is Annabeth, in the absence of Chiron yes I am camp leader."

"Great straight answers, never get those from the others," again Chaos gave the demi-god a dark look.

The demi-god shrugged.

"You never ask a straight question so none of us see it fit to give you a straight answer," he said.

"I'll remember that," Chaos said darkly.

"Like I would let you forget."

"Moving on, Annabeth, this is my representative and ambassador, you may call him Commander."

The demi-god bowed slightly. I looked him up and down, he was going to be a hard puzzle. I like a challenge.

"Why would your ambassador need to come here?" I asked, it was a reasonable question, especially for a child of Athena.

"I think you will find him useful in more ways than one, plus it will give me a break from my constant headache."

I noticed that Commander didn't seem fazed by Chaos's comment.

"If you don't find him useful he will simply return to my domain and there he will remain."

I nodded and continued to study my newest puzzle. I had taken up this view of people puzzles because it kept my mind off of him.

Chaos looked from me to Commander, what was going through his mind? No matter how many people puzzles I solved, gods were, for the most part, unreadable.

"I must be going now, Commander I will see you soon," he suddenly said catching me by surprise.

Commander bowed to Chaos then turned away as it started to get get brighter. I realized just in the nick of time and covered my eyes.

When the light faded Commander was looking at me, Chaos was gone.

"Why would we find you useful?" I asked again.

"I've traveled quiet a lot in the last 4000 years, information, strategy, I've learned a lot."

"Right, well I'd better show you around."

Commander took a breath as if he was about to say something then hesitated.

"Lead the way," he finally said.

I gave him a curious look then lead the way into camp.