Chapter Fifteen

• Dedicated to All my fans <3

Sorry it's taken so long to update. Between family issues and work... I'm surprised I got this finished before Christmas. Thank you guys so much for waiting so long!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lissa P.O.V

I put Erik and Andre in their car seats, then climbed in next to them. I called Eddie a minute ago, and he said that he, Jill, and Chris were hiding out a few miles away in some abandoned house. They are supposed to arrive in seven minutes. Seven minutes later, they showed up, and I jumped out of the car to hug my sister. I haven't seen her in a couple months. I have been in contact with her, but I haven't seen her otherwise.

"I missed you so much!" Jill said, clearly excited.

"I've missed you too. Are you stealing my guardian away from me?" I asked, tilting my head towards Chris.

Chris laughed. "Where's Rose?"

"At the hospital with Viktoria. We're about to head over there, but we don't have any guardians, so..."

He stiffened. "They left you unprotected?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Of course not! There are wards, and my husband happens to be a badass fire user." I joked.

He pushes me toward the car, chuckling, and gave his nephew a hug before closing my door. I rolled my eyes at his gesture, and scooted closer to my baby boy. He wrapped his little pale hands around my arm and leaned his head against the side of his carseat. Chris got in the front seat, and Christian started the car. I felt a slight pain in my abdomen, but it was gone as soon as it came. I brushed it off, knowing I shouldn't freak out.

I tried to read Rose's emotions to see how she reacted to the news... but I couldn't feel her. "What's happening?" I was close to the edge, Spirit's madness threatening to take me. I searched our bond again, and gasped. "I- I can't see her. I can't feel her emotions. Christian hurry."

Luckily, the hospital wasn't too far away. Once Christian had parked, I was out of the car and grabbing Andre. Chris got Erik, and ran inside with him. I handed Andre to Christian in order to keep up with him. I held my stomach while running, silently praying that Rose is okay.

"Liss, when we get in, go straight to Room 530. Okay?"

I nodded, though he wasn't looking at me. "Got it."

We reached the automatic sliding glass doors, and stepped into the hospital. I could see Chris entering the elevator, and rolled my eyes at him. He saw us coming and held the door open. I groaned and attempted to match Christian's pace. It didn't work out too well, and found myself close to tripping. We finally made it to the elevator when Erik started crying. I panicked and rocked him. He calmed down just as we reached the floor Dimitri told us to go to. I kept scanning the numbers for 530, but it seemed like an endless maze.

"Here." Chris called down the hall.

I ran after him, just in time to see Rose on the ground and nurses coming in. I reached for her, then the bond came back. I fell onto my knees and drowned in the pain. I heard myself scream, but couldn't hear anything else.

~*~*~*~

Rose P.O.V

"She could die! I'm not risking it!" Dimitri's voice came to me through the darkness.

"There is no other way the twins will survive. You need to make a choice." I don't recognize his voice, but I understand what he's saying. He wants to save my twins.

After he said that, a door slammed shut. By the force of the door, I could tell it was Dimitri. He doesn't want to lose me, but he doesn't want to lose the twins. He doesn't understand how I love my kids more than life itself. Okay, he does understand. He feels the same way. Why am I babbling about this in my head? I need to come out of this darkness!

I managed to open my eyes slightly. "Save," I gasped. "The twins. Now." It was hard to breathe now.

The doctor stood over me, partially blocking the blinding light. "Rose, Dimitri doesn't want us to-"

"I don't care!" I screamed. The door opened, and soon Dimitri was looming over me. He started stroking my hair, but I think it was more to calm him down than me. I closed my eyes shut for a moment, trying not to cry. I grabbed his hand. "They need to save the twins-"

He squeezed my hand tighter. "There's a chance you won't survive, Roza. I don't want to lose you. Please."

"Dimitri, our girls need to be here. I can't lose them. You would still have me in your heart-"

He slammed his other fist into a nearby table. "I won't lose you." He growled.

"Then, I'll hold on. Maybe I can survive. I don't know. Just, please, take care of the girls. Please." A tear slid down my cheek and he wiped it away.

It looked like he was fighting an inner conflict. More tears followed as horrible images if my babies dying flooded through mind. He looked behind him to, who I assumed was, the doctor. "Save the twins."

I smiled when he looked back at me. "Thank you."

He gave me a sad smile. "I'll be with you every step of the way." He said as nurses pushed me out of the room. The gave me an oxygen mask, and I started to panick. Calm down, Rose. You'll be okay. Lissa sent me soothing words through the bond while Dimitri tried to help me through the worst. They brought me into a very sterile looking room, and asked if I wanted pain medication. Are they fucking serious? Of course I want the damn medication! "Rose. Roza, look at me." Dimitri pleaded. I looked up at him just as they began cutting my stomach open. I screamed out in pain. The medication wasn't working. "You'll be okay. Stay with me, okay?"

I groaned. "Only if you stay with the twins."

He smiled. "Of course. Okay, it's about to get worse."

I screamed and blacked out. Too much pain. I couldn't take it. What kind of guardian can't handle this much pain? The darkness completely consumed me, and I went into Lissa's head. She was sitting on a hospital bed, holding Andre. She was in pain. My pain was too much for her and she doesn't know how to control it. She handed Andre to Christian and held onto her stomach like there's no tomorrow.

"What's happening?" Christian asked in total panic mode.

"Too much pain... Rose?" She must know I'm in her head. "Rose, are you okay?" She couldn't talk to me in any other way because the bond was absolutely screwed up. I tried talking to her. "Rose? I can barely hear you? What's going on? Christian, take me to Dimitri. Now!" She screamed after he didn't make any movements. He flinched but still didn't move. "Christian! Come here and help me!"

He sighed. "Liss, you can't see her."

"Why can't I? The twins were born, right? She should be coming out of the pain and everything... I know that face. What aren't you telling me?" The twins were born? I missed the birth of my daughters?

He stepped closer to her. "No one is allowed to see Rose. She's in a coma."