Chapter1

This is my first fanfic ever so I'm extremely sorry for how crappy it is! Please correct my spelling and grammar in the comments! There will most likely be author's comments in every chapter. Please feel free the skip them. I know I do in every fanfic I read. I will be very inconsistent in updates, so I will try not to leave cliffhangers literally or figuratively 😜 If you are looking for smut keep looking. I don't have any.

Nico's POV

I woke up in a cold sweat. It was my first night in the infirmary. The person who's shift it was supposed to be, Kayla, I think her name was, had fallen asleep. I got up and snuck out into the night. I looked out into the night sky and realized how beautiful it was. I remembered how horrible Tartarus was, without any stars or sky. I also realized that I was probably not going to be able to go back to sleep. Ok so if y'all have read my books then you've probably guessed by now that I have a crush on Will Solace. (A/N There goes the fourth wall.) If you haven't then now you know.

My nightmare was about him. We were in Tartarus. It wasn't nearly as bad with him there, but then the monsters found them. I had been to busy defending myself that I had forgotten about Will. I heard a shard cry behind me and spun around to see him bleeding out of a huge gash in his stomach. The empousai stood over him grinning in triumph. She was about to finish him off when I charged. I caught her off guard and slashed her into dust. I bent over Will's body. He was still alive, but only barely.

"Stay with me, Will. Please. You can't do this to me."

"Nico....... I can't. I'm a doctor remember? I know when wounds are too bad to heal. I know when people are going to die. It's ok. I was never a fighter. The camp has other healers. No one needs me"

"No stop. I can heal you, just tell me what to do."

"We're in Tartarus, Nico. You can't heal me. I have to go now, I'll see you in Elysium." He gave one last shuddering breath and died. I felt it happen. I screamed in rage and then I woke up.

Tears start running down my face as I think back to my dream. I can't afford to lose Will, no matter the cost. I care about him too much. I don't think I know what love is yet, but this is how I describe the emotions I feel towards him. I would die for him or die with him. At this point, life is unimaginable without him.

Now my nose is running and I'm ugly-crying. I wipe my nose on my sleeve and try to stop crying. I hear someone cough behind me. I spin around to see a bright red Will Solace. Crap. I recognize how much of a mess I look and curse the clear night sky. It gave plenty of light so you could see exactly how much I was crying.

A voice jarred me out of my thoughts, "Are you okay?" Oh no. I have to lie to him, but I'm out of my bed when I should be in the infirmary.

"Yep." Wow. Nice going, Nico.

"Well then, um.... why are you crying?" Crap he's on to me.

"Just a dream. No big deal"

"If it's no big deal, why are you crying?"

"Stop asking Will."

"Not until you tell me what's going on."

"I had a nightmare ok? It was about losing someone I really love, and I'm crying now, ok?"

"Was it about Bianca?" I close my eyes. Why did he have to bring up Bianca?

"No" He looked confused.

"Who was it then?"

"No one."

"Tell me. Doctor's orders." I was about to, I think, when Chiron came around and saw us.

"Why are you two up? I will give you a chance to explain yourselves, but if I don't find your reasons good enough, then you will both be cleaning out the pegasi stables." We both started to explain at once, our words a jumbled mess when he stopped us with a look and told me to explain.

"Well, I had a nightmare, sir, and came out here to clear my mind and think for a little bit until I could go to sleep. Then Will found me and we were just talking for a little before you found us."

Chiron didn't look convinced, but must have known that I wasn't lying. "Ok Nico, but get back to your cabin."

Will spoke up, "Actually, sir, Nico should be in the infirmary. I'll take him inside and make sure that he is comfortable before I go back to my cabin. Besides, I'm sure Kayla is asleep, otherwise I doubt he would've been able to sneak out." I shot him a dirty look, but all he did was barely shake his head.

Chiron sighed. "Fine, fine, but make sure you get some rest tonight."
Will and I turned back to the infirmary. He made me go inside and lay down. He gave me some water that tasted a little weird, and after that I felt strangely sleepy.

"Goodnight, Nico" My eyes drooped and I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.