Chapter 2

A/N So that wasn't a big cliff hanger, was it? No hate? I thought it was kinda sweet and a good ending. Shout out to my co-writer, editor, and supporter, phloemofthebooks . Please follow her this wouldn't be possible without her. Also, the reason I was gone so long was because my brothers got onto my phone and "accidentally" deleted. The. Whole. Thing. But I'm not mad, not even a little bit, but there may soon be 3 less people in the world.

Will's POV
I watched Nico fall asleep. Not in a creepy way or anything! I just stayed there until the drugs kicked in. Oh yeah, I may have drugged his water to help him sleep.
"Goodnight, Nico," I leaned forward and kissed him on the forehead. He was just so adorable.
Okay so maybe I have a little crush on him. It's small really. Teeny-tiny. Yep.

But anyway, I wondered why he had been crying if it wasn't Bianca. I know Tartarus did something to his mind. I know he had nightmares every night, but I don't know what they're about. I hate being useless. I want to help him, but I am helpless. He won't talk to me.

Does he hate me? Oh gods, if he hates me I don't know what I'll do.

Suddenly I remember I'm supposed to be looking at where I'm walking, and trip over one of my siblings' bunk. I woke him up and he screamed, and then they  woke up. It was almost dawn anyway.

We got up, everyone grumbling, and then we walked from our cabin to the pavilion where breakfast was already served.

After breakfast, about the time when normal people wake up, I took the Apollo cabin to do their activities. I passed my role as counselor temporarily to Austin. I went back to the infirmary and started my shift. This was Nico's second day in the infirmary. He was still sleeping peacefully when I went in there to check on him. I realized that he should be, given that I drugged him, and it had only been 3 hours. I also realized that I had spent 2 hours thinking before I went to go to my cabin.

I did the math in my head. Kayla took over my shift at 10, I got up at 3 because I needed water, saw Nico, we talked for about 10 minutes, I drugged him, kissed him on the forehead, and sat and thought for 2 hours. Then I tripped woke up my whole cabin an hour before dawn and made them go down to breakfast. So overall I got 5 hours of sleep, and no caffeine because apparently that's not healthy long-term. Yes I am a doctor and I know the side effects it may have, but I need my coffee.

I did my usual rounds. I changed the bandages, gave people nectar and ambrosia, and checked the people that had been healed already, out. Then he checked on Nico. He was still asleep even though it was already noon. He'll be fine. 

------tiny time skip bc I have no idea how to continue---

It was about 3 in the afternoon. For three hours I had distracted myself from Nico. For three hours I told myself that he would be okay. Now, that might not seem like a lot, but for me it was forever. I knew that he should be waking up, that he should've already woken up. Despite all my instincts, I walked over to where he lay. I shook him, "Nico. Nico you need to wake up. Please wake up." He didn't respond. He was still warm, and his pulse was steady, but for some reason he was nonrespondent. 

I tried to clear my head. Ok Will, think clearly. You know that he's fine. He should be in perfect health, besides the fact that he isn't responding. Get Kayla. You are too emotionally invested in a patient. I went and got Kayla, "Nico isn't responding. I need you to check on him to make sure that he's fine. I-" My voice cracked, "- I'm too emotionally attached to him for me to preform my duties properly." 

Kayla's eyes widened in surprise. I guess she didn't suspect my feeling for Nico. She nodded and went to him straight away. 

She checked and confirmed what I suspected. He was fine other than the fact that he was asleep. He didn't even seem to be in a coma. He was just- asleep.