Chapter 3

A/N So in case y'all haven't been reading my announcements, I'm not allowed on Wattpad. For right now I'm still on Wattpad and I haven't had to resort to my friend updating for me. However, I will probably not be allowed on my computer often because I think my parents suspect something. I've been able to pass it off as texting my friends so far.

Nico's POV

I'm trapped. I can't get out. I'm stuck in a bronze jar and I'm suffocating. "Let me out! Let me out!"

I hear laughter from the giants who trapped me, "You want to stop struggling, son of Hades. Soon you will run out of air, and the only thing your friends will have to save is your dead body." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will's POV

It's been two days. He's still unresponsive. All of Nico's friends have visited. Annabeth tried to help figure out what was wrong with him, Piper tried charmspeaking him awake, Jason sat there looking powerless, he whispered things to Nico like he was telling him secrets. I know that if I hadn't drugged him he would be fine. Sometimes his heart rate goes up and he starts twitching. I can tell he's having nightmares, and that I can't help him. It's so frustrating, not being able to help someone you care about. I haven't slept or eaten. I just sat there, watching him, waiting for him to wake up. It's not hopeless. I know that. Kayla knows that. But it feels hopeless. It always does, but he's different. I feel like he won't ever wake up, even though I know that he's strong and that he'll wake up.

I hear a knock at the door. I get up and open the door, even though the last thing I want is to talk to people. Hazel bursts in, "Where is he? I need to see him" (A/N Ngl when I wrote this I thought, "Where is my son?") I lead her to Nico's side. 

She cradles his head in her hands, "Oh no, no Nico. Please come back. You can't die! You haven't played Mythomagic with Frank yet. You haven't taken me to a McDonalds, and teased me about not knowing what a chicken nugget is. You need to beat Percy at sword fighting again just to make sure that his head doesn't get too big. You need to prank Jason with Piper just one more time. One. More. Time. Please, Nico." Tears are streaming down her face and dripping on to his beautiful soft black hair.

I see the tiniest twitch in response to her speech. Maybe it was just my imagination. Suddenly I hear my name called, "Will. I know that you are going through a lot, but we are low on Healers. Are you functional enough to work on other patients?" I nod. "Ok. There's a patient in critical condition, and even weak you are our best Healer." She leads me to the patient. The patient's name is Sarah and she has a sword wound that punctured one of her lungs (probably to stop her talking). I place my hands near the wound and start singing in Ancient Greek. Soon I start to see spots in front of my eyes, and, from what I can tell, the wound hasn't even begun to heal. I start to feel weak and I'm slowly losing my vision. I know I can't save her. I stumble back. I hear the heart monitor flat line. I know she's gone. 

I put my head in my hands. I know that Nico would be disappointed in me. I should have sacrificed myself for her, but I wanted to be there for Nico. I knew that I shouldn't have been healing someone, but I thought that I could do it. I hear Kayla tell me that it's not my fault, that it's hers for telling me to heal her instead of someone else, but I know that it is my fault. It's my fault that Nico's asleep. It's my fault that Sarah died. I'm not good enough.

A voice jars my thoughts, "Will, I need you to get some rest. Nico wouldn't want you going through this for him." I look up. It's Hazel. "I'll watch him for you, and if he wakes up while you're asleep, I'll run faster than I've ever ran to get you. I promise." I nod, knowing that because I'm drained from using healing magic, and that I would be of no use without it. 

I stumble to my cabin, where it's empty. I curl up on my bed and cry. I cry until I can't cry anymore. And then I sleep.

A/N Ok so this isn't how the chapter was planned, but I was feeling depressing today so this is my product. I'm almost sure that the next chapter will be happier. Almost. Please don't get your hopes up.