Forgiveness

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacob stared at her with a sad expression; like he was about to drop to the floor and cry his eyes out. Adriana sat up straight on the hospital bed, in anger, and made a screaming expression as if she were crying out for help. She then realized that she couldn't speak and begin scratching at her throat as tears fell down her face. Jacob reached out to hold her close but Adriana dug her nails deep into his skin. He grunted in pain, snatched her close to his heart, and pressed the call button on her monitor. A nurse ran into the room, responding to the call button beeping. Jacob explained to her that she is acting spastically from an episode of memory loss and not remembering that she was a mute. The nurse then left and explained what Jacob had told her to a group of doctors that was waiting at the nurse's station for anything that was about to occur in case they needed to be there quickly. They grabbed a small shot of a general anesthetic to put her to sleep and calm her restless behaivor. Three of the doctors held Adriana down, along with Jacob, and the other doctor gave Adriana the shot, causing her to settle down and eventually fall asleep. The group of doctors left, Jacob let go of Adriana and sat down in a chair near the window. He sighed, hoping and praying that everything would be alright later on, fought back tears and fell asleep. 

*************************************************************

Jacob woke to an empty room and decided to walk around the hospital to go find Adriana. He walked past a few rooms in the maternity ward and eventually found her resting and rubbing their child's belly through the gloves in the incubator as she sat holding her own belly with a tissue in hand to wipe her tears. Jacob wanted to cry as he imagined himself in there with her, gently rubbing her shoulder as he waited for his turn to play with their little baby girl. Before the tears began to fall from his eyes, Jacob walked back to the hospital room. There stood their boss holding Adriana's projector set. "Hey." Jacob muttered, causing their boss to jump slightly and turn around. "Hello." he replied. "What are you doing here?" he questioned and walked over to the chair he went to sleep in. "I was just returning Adriana's projector thing. By the way, when are you coming back to work. You are officially out of off days and we need more workers back in the cafe since Adriana is on maternity leave, Anabeth left, and that other girl who was obsessed with you left since she heard about you and Adriana being together. I don't pay you people so that I can do all the work. If that were the case, I'd just pay myself triple." he chuckled. Jacob laughed, actually showing a sign of happiness after all of the hectic situations. "I'll come back in tomorrow." he smiled and responded. "Alright. I'll show you the new items on the menu and how to make them. Enjoy your evening." he told and left. Jacob then turned around and stared out of the window. "I need to apologize." he muttered to himself, not noticing that Adriana was back inside of the room til he noticed her projected words scattered across of blinds of the window. Jacob jumped and turned around to look at Adriana. She was sitting in her wheelchair holding on to her healing belly. "Will you hear me out this time?" he asked and she nodded in response. "I apologize for ruining your family, murdering your parents, getting you in trouble with your foster parents, getting you kicked out of the house, getting you pregnant when I did, lying to you about my past, stressing you out in our relationship, dealing with that other girl who claims to be your sister when I should have been at home caring for you, and most importantly calling you all types of things outside of your name. Baby I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I'm so sor-" he was cut off by Adriana rolling over to him, hitting him in the knee, causing him to buckle forward, and kissing him on the lips... "I'll take that as an It's okay." he smiled and Adriana nodded.