Flowers!

-A hanahaki disease au. Basically you get it when the person you love doesn't love you back and it causes you to cough up flowers and petals.-

-

He rushed to the bathroom and slammed the door. He pulled up the toilet seat and coughed violently. It felt like he was coughing up phlegm but it wasn't slimy. He looked at the bowl and pulled back slowly.

It couldn't be.

He coughed more, unable to aim into the bowl again. They flew all around the room, spraying about the small space. He felt himself break down inside as the coughs grew louder. Tears erupted from his eyes and he let out a loud cry when suddenly,

A knock.

"Mattia? Are you okay in there?" A sweet voice spoke.

He held back a cough to respond. "Yeah, I'm fine!" He shouted back out, saying it more to himself than to the boy outside, the boy who did this to him.

He was sat on the floor as they adorned the cold surface embracing him. He couldn't help but look at them, their pretty pink shade that separated them from the beige, lifeless tiles.

"No, I'm not okay!" Mattia cried out, a breaking voice.

"I should come in there!" Kairi said, trying to calm his friend down of whatever was bothering him.

Kairi had never heard Mattia speak like that, let alone sob. It was gut wrenching to not know what was wrong. He pressed his ear to the door, trying to hear what the other boy was doing in there, for any clue. He grabbed the doorknob, hesitant to enter since Mattia hadn't responded. He could hear faint coughing but maybe he was sick?

Meanwhile, Mattia's eyes poured out tears like fountains and he couldn't control the sobs. The coughs continued as he sat on the floor,

Defeated.

He grabbed a handful of the pretty pink petals.

"Mattia, I'm coming in there!" Kairi announced.

The door burst open and Kairi stopped dead in his tracks. His eyes spotted the flower petals scattered across the entire room, floating in the toilet bowl, in Mattia's hands. He stared down at a broken Mattia leaning against the vanity and his eyes widened in fear as Mattia lifted up his hands filled with petals for him to see. Kairi looked into Mattia's glossy eyes as he finally spoke directly to him.

"Kairi," a quivering voice. "Look at what you did."

-

Hola chicos. I wrote this because I was inspired by 2 mairi books that I can't exactly remember right now but I hope you enjoyed this one. If you follow Mattia's spam, I think it's safe to say he absolutely despises celiac disease and I agree 😌 thanks for reading once again!