The Island

Jamen pushed the water but after hours of doing it her arms became numb. She kept trying though. Pushing, pushing and pushing. Minutes had soon passed and Jamen had fell asleep.

She dreamt of how she bender air and water. The vision swirled in her mind. Jamen woke up to the sound of Audree. Err err rick tick tick! Before fully opening her eyes, she squinted. Once her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked at Audree.

"What is it Audree?" Audree pointed to something behind Jamen. Jamen sat up but before turning around, she felt a jolt. Like the boat had hit something. She looked behind herself and saw grass. With a smile, she immediately jumped out of the boat. She lied back and began to laugh. It had felt so good to be able to lie down without boards in the way.

Audree flew straight into the trees. She looked behind every leaf and lifted each branch in search for fruit or bugs to eat. With hesitation she didn't find anything.

"Audree! Get over here! What place do you think this is? It's weird. It's like a forest. But this island is so small. I don't think anybody lives here. Do you?" Jamen continued walking towards the center of the island. It all seemed to be one big hill. The hill became steeper with each step. Eventually Jamen reached the top of the island.

Audree flew on a hexagon in the ground. It was about eight feet in diameter and had strange markings on it. Jamen stood on the circle. She stared at the markings. When she looked up, she noticed ripples in the water behind her. She ran down the hill. Going down seemed much easier than going up. On the edge of the island the saw that the boat she had arrived on was now really far from the island.

She also noticed that there was a piece of the island that was swaying back and forth. Wait a minute! she thought. Jamen ran opposite of the place she was at. When she reached the end, she saw a giant head.

Her face brightened. "It's a lionturtle!" She proclaimed very loudly. The massive head turned to look at her.

"Who are you?" asked the lionturtle.

"Uh. Um. I- I'm Jamen,"she shyly added.

The lionturtle's paw lifted out of the water and pulled the back of Jamen's robes. Lifted Jamen so that she was in front of him. Jamen stood on his paw.

"Aw, Jamen I can see you are an air nomad. Can you bend?"

Jamen then smiled a large grin and said,"Well it's a long but funny story actually."

The lionturtle smiled and laughed. "Well let's hear your long story," he said.

Jamen found herself playing with her hands. "Well it all started when I woke up a few days ago. Now that I think about it, it is not very funny at all. Let's see um, I noticed bones in the courtyard of my temple and then I realised that... the firenation k-killed my my people! I just(sniff) started walking and I(sniff) I found Audree so I brought her along with me. We were wondering around when these soldiers kept sneaking up on us. The weird part is is that when I was at my temple, I couldn't bend. But when the soldiers were attacking me I all of a suddenly could bend air. Then the next day, I water bended."

The lionturtle appeared to think for a moment. Then he said,"Jamen, step closer." Jamen did so. Then two of the lionturtle's whiskers lifted up. One touched Jamen's forehead. The other, her chest. To Jamen, all went white. To the side of side of her, she saw a row of people behind her. All of their eyes glowed blue. In front of her, she saw a boy. He was wearing similar clothing to Jamen. He had tattoos. The same tattoos as the other monks. He lifted his left arm and touched Jamen's forehead.

Jamen began seeing visions. Visions of a boy on a bisen plunge into the ocean. Then of a girl. Who's name came so clearly. Katara. Then the visions stopped.

"I- I," she stuttered," have to help... Aang. I have to go! C'mon Audree. Wait! What if he doesn't know who I am? What will I need to do?"

"Listen Jamen, and listen well. You have the partial part if the Avatar's chi. There will be a Time when Aang will lose his ability to enter what is known as the Avatar State. Now, I'm not saying you have to give this gift to him then. But there will be a day when he will desperately need it. Now young Avatar, there is something you should know. You were asleep for almost one hundred years. In the time that you were asleep the firenation harnessed energy from Sozin's comet to take over most of the world. Now your brother is destined to kill the current firelord. Go and help him in anyway you can. But make sure he is unaware of your existence. Any physical contact may interrupt in some way. Now go. But, I feel like you might want this."

The lionturtle lifted it's other paw and ripped a tree off of its back. It squeezed the tree in its paw. When it opened it, it was no longer a tree. It was thin and smooth.

"A glider!" Jamen grabbed it and opened it. She got on and jumped into the air. "Thank you!" She proclaimed. Jamen and Audree flew off.

Please can you check out my story: Archafelle. It is at storybird.com .