Chapter Three

The Powerful and Powerless 3

💢💢💢

Dan stood to his feet, Phil's back to him as he yelled after the older male "Don't you get it Phil? This is not all about you! I have spent 18 years of my life trying to figure out how to fit in! Everyone in this school has a power or three! Except me, I'm at a school for the extraordinary but do I even fit that definition? So please don't act like you understand me and my life because you won't ever and never will understand me!" Phil stiffened and stopped walking, slowly he turned around "what am I supposed to say Dan, I can't help you out, I can't even get near you without draining your powers!" Phil shouted his face beet red but his eyes didn't match his mood for once. He was sad he couldn't help Dan, he'd only hurt him.

"Phil, wait" Dan ran over to Phil, "before you transferred some of your power to me, what was mine?" Dan pleaded for an answer, Phil looked down staying radio silent. "Phil, please tell me what you saw" Dan shook Phil by his arms looking down at the boy. "I," Phil cut himself off looking anywhere but at Dan. "Phil please" Dan began to wreath in pain as Phil shook his head still avoiding Dan's gaze. He began to chew on his bottom lip looking down at the floor as Dan began to shake. "Please" he whispered, Phil opened his eyes as he let the river flood from his iocean eyes. "I can't" Phil turned away from Dan as he silently sniffled "Phil what is it?" Dan asked, touching, Phil's shoulder. "Don't touch me!" Phil growled shoving Dan back as his eyes shifted to a volcanic red. "Phil what is wrong!" Dan shouted as he tried to walk towards the other boy. "You want to know your power so badly Dan?" Phil was now convulsing and foaming at the mouth. "What is it Phil?" Dan asked, taking a few steps forward "you have the power to kill, everyone and everything you touch!" Phil threw his hands up "there you know your power! You can fit in now!" Phil walked away. Dan stood still for several minutes "but PJ, Sophie, Chris, you? I had contact with all of you. I'm going to be the reason they die." Dan slumped down a set of lockers. "They already knew about you" Phil spoke before walking off. Dan was now fuming as he ran to the maths room. "PJ!" he shouted as his shoes smacked against the tile as he ran. "Sophie!" Dan was upset and angry. He was a killing machine waiting for the right time to lose it all. Dan skidded to a stop down the long narrow hallway as he tugged the maths door open. "Teacher, may I talk to PJ Ligouri and Sophie Newton?" Dan's face was red in anger. Nodding in approval she dismissed PJ and Sophie. "Hi Dan!" PJ responded first in a cheerful tone. "Oh no! Both of you knew I had powers and you didn't want to tell me! How many people knew about me?" Dan asked, pointing his finger at PJ. "Well…" PJ looked passed Sophie "Chris, he was the first to find out" PJ confessed looking back at Dan. "How?" Dan asked, looking, sternly at PJ as he shoved his finger against PJ's chest. "He began to get a cold the other day. I knew he wasn't allergic to anything so I knew something was up. He told me that when you shoved him it was like a poison that injected into his veins. He said he felt dead and had trouble doing basic tasks. The "poison" as he referred to it, was slowly breaking down the function of his bones, eating away at anything it could attach itself to. Once he told me that I called Louise over, she healed him and he was back to his normal quirky self." PJ explained staring Dan in the eyes as he ended his statement. "So how are you and Sophie not dying?" Dan asked, looking at the two suspiciously. "Sophie and I have immortality" PJ responded letting the secret out. "And Phil, how is he not dead?" Dan asked his eyes narrow "he healed himself-" Dan shook his head and laughed coldly "how?" Dan asked for what seemed like the hundredth time. "He has an onyx stone he keeps on him." Dan closed his eyes, throwing his hands up before opening his eyes again. "He has a stone that protects him from evil." Dan fell into a fit of laughter before he lost it. "I'm evil to everybody," he told himself quietly. "Dan, sure you don't have amazing powers like you want but, you do have powers" Sophie explained to Dan. "I thought I could help people out. Guess I was wrong" Dan shook his head again as he turned on his heel before running off.